Date:9 February, 2023
Organiser:Architects Climate Action Network
We’ll be learning about the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership ‘Entopia’ building, with presentations followed by Q&A panel discussion from the design team & contractor:
Wendy Bishop – Architype
- Wendy is an associate at Architype, where she has worked since 2001. Her analytical approach and passion for low carbon design and thoughtful and inspiring spaces has been invaluable for her work. Wendy trained as a Passivhaus designer and has lead projects including the recently completed Harris Academy Sutton, the UK’s first Passivhaus secondary school.
Chris Read – Feilden & Mawson
- Chris is an Associate Architect at Fielden & Mawson, leading on various sustainable retrofit projects aiming for high sustainability metrics including EnerPHit, BREEAM Outstanding and WELL Gold.
Lucy Townsend – BDP
- Lucy is BDP’s Head of Sustainability, using her experience in multi-disciplinary working to encourage and promote BDP’s lead in sustainable design, construction and management. Her role involves providing specialist consultancy to professions in BDP and externally to other architects, engineers and clients.
Patrick Watson – 3PM
- Patrick is a Partner at 3PM and the lead for higher education and sustainability sectors. Patrick is a Chartered Engineer originally trained by Laing and has been practicing Project Management for over 30 years. A Founding Partner of 3PM who has worked on a number of signature multi-million pound projects throughout the UK and overseas
Peter Kelly – ISG
- Peter has worked in the construction sector for almost 20 years and is the Director for Sustainable Operations at ISG Ltd. Peter is using his expertise in sustainability strategy formulation, measurement and delivery along with specialist knowledge of circular economy principles in order to strengthen the company’s credentials in pursuing a resource efficient, low carbon future.