- Duty Station : PARIS
- Department/Office : United Nations Environment Programme
- Application deadline : 16 January 2024
- Expected duration: 6 months
Duties and Responsibilities
The Cities Unit’s Buildings/GlobalABC team is advertising two internship vacancies in support of its workstream on sustainable buildings and construction: One to start end of January 2024, and another to start in July or August 2024. Duration of the internship: 6 months.
We kindly ask you to indicate your preference and availability when applying. Note that the internship is unpaid and full-time. Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the overall supervision of Jonathan Duwyn, Programme Management Officer, Buildings and Construction, UNEP. Selected interns will assist the Buildings and Construction team in the coordination and implementation of the activities to promote sustainable buildings and construction, including through the GlobalABC.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Support the preparation of online events and webinars, including outreach and communications, operations and logistics
- Support the preparation of the 2024 GlobalABC Annual Assembly (tbd, 2024)
- Support the preparation of the Buildings and Climate Global Forum (7-8 March 2024)
- Support the preparation of GlobalABC activities at COP29 (11-22 November 2024)
- Support the coordination of GlobalABC Hubs’ and Working Groups’ activities
- Support UNEP and GlobalABC’s building materials activities (coordination and participation in the building materials working group meetings; support UNEP/GlobalABC activities in the framework of the BMZ-funded project “Transforming the built environment through sustainable materials”)
- Support GlobalABC member outreach including maintaining and updating member databases
- Support the development of communication materials including support such as presentations, articles, newsletter, website content development, and general awareness raising.
- Prepare meeting notes and outcome-based summaries for events, as requested.
- Assist other team members in various activities related to the overall performance of the Cities Unit’s Buildings and construction activities
- Participate in team meetings and work proactively in performing tasks
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements: a. Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); b. Be enrolled in the final academic year of a university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); c. Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation. In addition to: Be computer literate in standard software applications. Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency in English required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable. Knowledge of French is desirable.