Who we need.
Mantle Developments’ mission is to accelerate the decarbonization of the built environment and
support the creation of climate-resilient communities. We work with both the private sector and
governments to inform, create, and implement new approaches for the climate-smart
buildings and infrastructure of tomorrow.
Our focus areas include building and infrastructure embodied carbon life cycle assessment,
operational carbon quantification and management, net-zero and climate resilience strategies,
and building certifications – including LEED, Zero Carbon, Fitwel, and others. We need an
experienced project manager to support our project delivery and client happiness.
Who you are.
You are a self-starter, team player, great communicator, and problem solver. You have 5+ years
of experience in the sustainability field, delivering projects and communicating directly with end
clients. You use your organizational skills and entrepreneurial spirit to deliver interesting
projects on time and on schedule. It also makes you happy to make your clients happy.
You are a professional who can lead by example, starting with a passion for sustainability and
ending with a desire for accountability. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a deep
desire to radically own your impact and embrace the freedom of managing your own time. We
are open to remote working arrangements, with Toronto being the preferred location.
What’s in it for you.
A chance to support, educate, identify, inspire, strategize, and equip. You will get to work on
projects such as:
● Consulting with real estate developers and manufacturers that are pioneering efforts to
minimize whole-life cycle carbon and work towards net zero emission products and
● Managing climate and green building rating systems, certifications, and mandatory
compliance documentation, including LEED, Zero Carbon Building Standard, Fitwel,
Envision, BOMA Best, Toronto Green Standard, and other similar programs
● Working with portfolio and company-level sustainability and climate-related frameworks
and disclosure programs, including SASB, GRESB, GRI, CDP, PCAF, GHG Protocol
and other similar programs
What you bring to our collaborative team:
● Passion for our purpose. You are deeply committed to creating structures and
infrastructure that are low carbon, climate resilient, and adhere to high standards of
environmental responsibility. You want to empower companies to manage climate risk
and benefit from climate opportunity.
● Education & Experience. You have an impressive track record of academic and
● Curiosity. You are a life-long learner
● Project leadership. You are a strategic thinker with solid project management skills,
oral and written communication, client awareness, and accountability.
• Work with the business development team to translate client needs to:
• A defined project scope and objectives
• Resourcing plan
• Work with Mantle’s enterprise tools to communicate and manage a detailed project
schedule and work plan
• Manage the project resources and deliverables
• Track project costs to meet the budget
• Provide ongoing project updates to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments,
• Monitor progress and adjust as needed
• Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, sustainability, or a related field
• 5+ years of project work in sustainability
• 2+ years of project management and related experience
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
• Experience in LCA, emissions accounting, net zero and/ or resilience is preferred
• Experience working in a start-up or innovation-related, fast-paced organization
• Proven ability to solve problems creatively
• Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
• Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
Evolve, improve, and thrive with us.
At Mantle Developments, we understand that the best ideas are created when people with
diverse skills, experiences, and perspectives work together. You will be part of a team that is:
● Mission-driven. We share a commitment to meaningful, purpose-driven work. We are
genuinely excited to have a chance to influence and empower real-world decision-
makers with tangible solutions and services that guide their response to the climate
● Innovative. We are actively working with governments and the private sector to build the
next generation of emissions management and climate-resilience approaches. Our team
must think outside the box and bring creativity and innovation to drive these initiatives.
● Intelligent, astute, and engaging. We foster a team culture in which we challenge
ourselves and continuously raise awareness of critical climate and social issues. We
have vibrant conversations about what’s happening around the world, from humanitarian
and social justice issues to politics and pop culture. We are striving for a diverse,
educated, and opinionated team.
● Committed to Indigenous reconciliation. We recognize the value Indigenous
communities and their ways of knowing bring to climate action efforts. We are committed
to advancing Indigenous reconciliation across Canada by learning from, supporting, and
partnering with Indigenous-led organizations and communities.
● Uplifting, supportive, and social. We are open-minded and continuously share
information and learn from each other. Despite the long list of designations after our
names, we know how to have fun.
● Radically responsible. We are a self-managed organization, meaning you will have the
freedom and responsibility to create and evolve aspects of your role.
Our history, your future.
We began as part of Manifest Climate (formerly named Mantle314), founded in 2015 to shine a
light on climate-related risk and opportunity in the construction sector and advance strategies to
thrive. As early movers on the need to engage and empower businesses in their climate and
resilience strategies, we work with forward-thinking organizations across various industries,
including construction, finance, government, and real estate. We educate internal teams on
climate developments, equip them with the tools to identify and manage risks and opportunities
and provide leading solutions and strategies to build corporate resilience against climate
Mantle Developments was spun out of Mantle314 in early 2021 to focus specifically on
supporting the built environment to become climate-smart through carbon management and
resilience design and operation. We are recognized leaders in embodied emissions (scope 3)
management and recognize the importance of bringing a holistic ‘whole-life carbon’ approach
and solutions to the market.
If you are forward-thinking and interested in meaningful, purpose-driven work, helping real-world
decision-makers and influencers engage with and respond to the climate crisis and stay ahead
of the climate curve, we think you’d like it here.
Are we a fit?
We are always on the lookout for committed and passionate climate-change professionals
interested in contributing their talents in a challenging, energetic, and interdisciplinary
environment. If you feel you meet most of the qualifications we are looking for and are
determined to make a difference, we encourage you to apply. We promise to consider your