Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We’re one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM has an opening for a Sustainability Manager to support our growing decarbonization initiatives across our business. Achieving net zero emissions applies both to our internal operations as well as to how we engage and support our clients to achieve their own net-zero targets. We’re cutting both our own carbon impact and helping clients achieve net zero through strategies, services, and solutions that reduce operational and embodied carbon now and in the future.
The successful candidate will support the development and manage the implementation of decarbonization programs, projects, and initiatives for internal and external clients. The built environment accounts for almost half of all carbon emissions emitted each year. As a large infrastructure firm, our biggest impact in addressing the climate emergency is through the work we do for our clients. ScopeX is AECOM’s approach to reducing the carbon footprint of the projects we deliver. It is a way to systematize the decisions involved in how we conceptualize, design and implement projects to consider carbon.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate day-to-day aspects of a technical workstream, including cross-business collaboration, ensuring the quality of work product, effective communications, scheduling, and utilizing technical staff to ensure work product completion
- Manage development and delivery of presentations, reports, and workshops related to decarbonization services
- Deliver effective presentations and responses to questions and inquiries from colleagues, clients, and industry professionals in an accurate and timely manner
- Lead the development of standard operating procedures and best practices for decarbonization across AECOM’s portfolio of projects
- Provide operational leadership in support of AECOM’s decarbonization practice
- Provides solutions to client challenges developed from a foundation of understanding or analysis of client business practices and goals
- Develops work plans, task definitions and participates in data collection, and helps to develop solutions to client problems with a focus on financial analysis and capital investment
- Leads and supervises a team of consultants and/or other staff
AECOM’s Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture. With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable, and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions. Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc., and many Fortune 500 companies.
- BA/BS plus Six (6) years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated experience with AECOM’s business model and operational structure
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role
- Sponsorship is available for this role
- Offered rate of compensation (NY locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location The salary range for this position typically is $100,945-186,749.
- AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.