The Spark Consortium has been selected to deliver the Central Package of the North East Link Project – Victoria’s biggest road project.
The Spark Consortium’s Design and Construction Contractor – which comprises Webuild, CPB Contractors, GS Engineering and Construction and China Construction Oceania – will deliver the twin three-lane tunnels and key interchanges for the project.
The Central Package will be delivered as a Public Private Partnership and provides three-lane twin tunnels that will close the missing link in Melbourne’s freeway network from the M80 Ring Road to an upgraded Eastern Freeway, reducing journey times and diverting heavy vehicles away from local roads. Up to 135,000 vehicles will use North East Link every day, reducing congestion in the north-east while maintaining local roads.
About The Role
SPARK is hiring a Sustainability Manager who wants the challenge of working in a dynamic environment, whilst being a part of a collaborative business that continues to push forward into new markets.
The range of workplaces you will visit are diverse, with the opportunity to focus on building a quality consulting business, that operates in the Construction, Tunneling, and Infrastructure sectors.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure alignment with sustainability priorities
- Identify emerging trends in client and government expectations
- Provide awareness and understanding of sustainability objectives within SPARK NELP
- Ensure cohesive strategic responses to client requirements
- Develop governance tools, templates, training to deliver the sustainability framework across the Group
- Develop and implement SPARK JV Sustainability strategy, aligning with relevant industry, domestic and international standards
- Manage compliance with NGERs legislation and other industry requirements
- Monitor changes to local and international environment policies
- Monitor system and process audits to ensure compliance with sustainability standards requirements
- Provide timely reports to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Provide sustainability leadership demonstrating improvement in practice and delivery of strategic targets & objectives
Experience And Qualifications
- Recognised bachelor’s degree in business, sustainable development, engineering, architecture, or environmental science
- Post graduate qualifications in sustainability (highly desirable)
- Proven experience within the sustainability industry
- Experience within the construction industry highly regarded
- Knowledge of current industry trends in infrastructure sustainability
- Knowledge of energy and sustainability legislation
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-disciplinary project environment
- Demonstrated experience developing corporate sustainability strategies, aligning with relevant industry, domestic and international standards
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please click on the ‘Apply now’ button to register your interest and please also subscribe to ‘Job Alerts’ to be notified of upcoming opportunities with SPARK.
Whilst we are keen to hear from candidates with proven infrastructure project experience or experience working for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Contractor to be a part of an iconic construction project in Melbourne, Victoria, we also will consider applicants that are seeking to enter or re-enter the industry.
SPARK is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the North East Link Central Package. We value diversity, inclusion, and equity through providing a working environment where all employees feel included, valued, and free to bring their different skills, experiences, and perspectives.