GRESB, the global ESG benchmark for real estate and infrastructure investments, is seeking a driven and enthusiastic individual to join its Real Estate team in Amsterdam.
The GRESB platform serves institutional investors, asset managers, consultants, and other partners via a variety of products and services. These products vary from reporting frameworks to analytical tools and reports. You will be expected to take concepts from the research phase, and apply them to our suite of existing and new products to help various stakeholders along the financial value chain make a real impact on the built environment.
You will work with other team members to support the development and execution of the Real Estate Standard and products, as well as support junior team members in their professional development. The role sits in the Product pillar and directly reports to the Real Estate (Product) Director.
This position offers a very unique opportunity to work in a mission-driven organisation that is shaping the markets of the future and paving the way for a more sustainable real asset industry.
Role and responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the Real Estate products by providing strategic and tactical input on areas of improvements;
- Work alongside the GRESB Foundation on the development of the Real Estate Standard;
- Lead the research and development of various ESG issues by conducting industry research on best practices for alignment of the GRESB Standard and products;
- Develop benchmarking and scoring methodologies for ESG data;
- Define reporting requirements and data quality controls;
- Define business and functional requirements for implementation by data scientists and software engineers;
- Collaborate regularly with commercial and customer service teams to inform the development of GRESB products;
- Coordinate data analysis and output communication;
- Speak and represent GRESB at industry events, seminars and conferences;
- 4 – 8 years of relevant sustainability experience within the real estate sector such as property management, asset management, consulting or engineering;
- Strong understanding of multiple ESG issues and their application to the real estate sector;
- Knowledge of regulatory and voluntary reporting frameworks e.g. GRESB, PRI, CDP, GRI, TCFD, SFDR, EU Taxonomy, SASB;
- Show a true passion for the sustainability field and a strong willingness to have a positive impact in the industry;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to understand and discuss abstract concepts;
- Ability to learn fast and work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, multi-cultural scaleup environment;
- Full professional fluency in English is mandatory. Other language skills are a plus but speaking Dutch is not a requirement;
- Strong verbal and communication skills;
- Good command of common office softwares;
- Degree in a relevant field such as finance, engineering, economics, business, or sustainability.
- Competitive salary package with extensive benefits, including a discretionary bonus of up to 20% on your gross income;
- Involvement in a fast growing international organisation that is globally recognised as the leading ESG benchmark for real assets;
- Autonomy in your work with responsibility for your own projects in a fast-paced working environment;
- Work within a truly passionate team, dedicated to achieving GRESB’s vision of Sustainable Real Assets;
- The opportunity to develop your network by being involved with all types of GRESB stakeholders (investors, fund managers, technology companies and industry bodies);
- Flexible way of working that supports your preference (depending on COVID-19 regulations);
- 25 days of paid holidays;
- Personal development budget of EUR 2,500 annually;
- Free public transport to and from work inside the Netherlands;
- Free and healthy lunch at the office;
- Company pension plan.
GRESB is driven by a dynamic, diverse and international team working at the intersection of sustainability, data science and the capital markets.
GRESB was launched in 2009 by a group of large institutional investors who needed better engagement with their managers on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues. Since then, GRESB has grown to become the leading ESG benchmark for real estate and infrastructure investments across the world. Our ESG data and benchmarks now cover over USD 5.3 trillion in real estate and infrastructure value and are used by more than 100 institutional investors to make decisions that lead to a more sustainable world.
We have a very engaged community of asset managers who are proud to participate in our annual benchmarking process and a group of inspirational industry partners and ESG service providers who amplify our reach.
The GRESB team comes from diverse backgrounds with experience spanning climate, sustainability, data science, software development, real estate, infrastructure, and the capital markets. We’re passionate about tackling the sustainability challenge by providing the insights that will power the markets of the future and enable investors to allocate the world’s capital in a more responsible way. We are an energetic group of ~70 people covering many different nationalities, predominantly located in Amsterdam but with satellite offices in Sydney, London, Washington DC, Denver and Kuala Lumpur. We care deeply about creating a positive and inclusive working environment where everyone feels comfortable contributing their ideas.
For direct insight into who the team is, visit our career page.
(!) Providing both a curriculum vitae and a cover letter is required to apply for this position. Applications not supported by both documents will not be considered.