Colliers Engineering & Design is looking for a Sustainability Coordinator to join our Mid-Atlantic Buildings team in our Pennsylvania/New Jersey/New York region. This individual will work on a variety of projects including commercial, hospitality, retail, multi-use, hospital, and education projects as part of our expanding line of Sustainability Services. CED has an established track record of providing results in green building rating systems and has seen rapid growth of this service area. The team is looking to provide opportunities to aspiring sustainability professionals looking to progress their knowledge and develop relationships on the ground floor.
- Support multiple green building projects and project teams in various rating systems (LEED, WELL, Green Globes), executing established work plans
- Assist in establishing project sustainability goals
- Support internal teams to produce deliverables that meet client expectations for scope, schedule, and budget
- Support design analysis efforts including daylighting, energy modeling, and sustainable construction practices.
- Complete technical research and report writing on topics such as architectural materials and technology, building services systems, urban policy, and human comfort
- Efficiently support the progress of multiple deliverable schedules
- Produce green building documentation for review submissions
- Review documentation related to energy systems, LEED documentation, specifications, commissioning documentation, and architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing drawings for coordination
- Problem-solving for sustainable solutions
- Materials and products analysis and research
- Specification writing
- The ideal candidate has a bachelors degree in a field related to building design including Architecture, Engineering, or Construction and 1+ years’ experience supporting sustainability efforts. Candidates should possess one or more sustainability credentials or be pursuing accreditation.
- High quality presentation and communication skills required for daily communication with clients and consultants and for educational presentations to internal teams and external conferences.
- Able to work closely with others
- Strong communication skills
- Able to build relationships and communicate at every level of a project
- Able to work independently with minimal instruction
- Client facing experience
- Proficient/Experienced with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, BlueBeam, SpecBuilder Cloud, and Adobe Creative Suite
What We Offer
At Colliers Engineering & Design, our people are our most important resource. That’s why we are committed to providing all our employees with a safe, comfortable work environment, potential for career advancement, and the ability to impact society through their projects as well as Company sponsored activities.
This dedication begins with supporting a work life balance through a generous compensation package that includes: company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid pregnancy disability leave; short- and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; a company-matched 401(k)/Roth; paid time off that includes parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses and a straight time policy that compensates exempt employees for billable hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours within a work week.
We have also created an internal culture that provides the resources and technology needed to encourage personal and professional growth opportunities through reimbursement for education; a free in-house resource for hundreds of educational and self-enrichment courses; mentorship program; wellness program; Women’s Organization and ongoing philanthropic opportunities.