Full time, Part time, Variable hours
Dublin, Ireland; Cork, Ireland; Belfast, United Kingdom;
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it’s employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As an Sustainability Consultant, you will have an opportunity to work with the wider Mott MacDonald Group and collaborate on opportunities relating to BREEAM, Net Zero and Energy Performance.
Our projects are in response to the National Development Plan and Climate Action Plan which has set new targets for public sector energy efficiency and for renovation of public buildings, where Public Sector bodies in Ireland are expected to:
- improve their energy efficiency to 50%,
- reduce Carbon emissions by 50%,
- retrofit buildings to a Building Energy Rating (BER) of “B” by 2030 and
- to achieve Carbon Zero by 2050
Furthermore, as a member of the MEP team in Ireland you will have the opportunity to build and grow the Net Zero team in conjunction with the Office leads.
A bit about the team
The Mechanical and Electrical Team in Northern Ireland and Ireland collaborates on a wide variety of projects in the Built Environment, Transport, Water and Advisory sectors across our three offices, in Belfast, Dublin and Cork.
There are also close links with our sister offices all over the UK. In the Belfast Office we work for a variety of clients on all types of projects particularly in the Built Environment sector. We are currently expanding across all sectors including the area of Energy performance and Net Zero.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Support the Office Lead in developing the Energy performance capability in Ireland
- Support both the business in Ireland and within the group in delivering Energy performance projects
- Assist the Office Lead in bidding and winning new work
Required for the position of Energy Consultant;
- Degree Qualified (Level 6 (UK) Level 8 (Ireland);
- Proven experience in delivering Energy, Environment and Sustainability programmes;
- Chartered status;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and stakeholders over the phone, email and in-person.
If you meet 80% or more of what we’re looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn’t know we need.
About the business unit
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald’s regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited – which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working – because life isn’t 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies – for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at reasonable.adjustme[email protected] and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Ireland, United Kingdom
ALL – Ireland, Northern Ireland
Building services, Consultancy, Energy, Environment
Europe and Central Asia
Buildings, Energy, Environment