Deloitte is the biggest professional services Firm in the world and making an impact is more than just what we do: it’s why we’re here. We’re driven to create positive progress for our clients, community, people, and the planet. This sense of purpose inspires us to work to the highest standards, to tackle the challenges that matter.
Our ever-changing world creates risks and uncertainty, but it also offers opportunities. Our Risk Advisory teams see risk as a tool to sustain and grow real value over time, helping businesses become more responsible and emerge stronger from adversity. Combining our risk consultancy knowledge with the latest technologies and tailored approaches in strategy, regulation, compliance, sustainability and controls, our Risk Advisory experts provide valuable insights that help keep businesses resilient through crises and complex times. .
About the opportunity
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our growing team. The canditate will have a key role supporting the team with growing opportunities and delivering high quality engagements. The ideal candidate should be able to develop strong client relationships and be an expert in sustainability and decarbonisation. Staying up to date on key developments is key to the role.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the following:
- Supporting or leading client sustainability engagements across all industries, acting in the capacity of ‘engagement manager’, taking ownership for all aspects of engagement delivery from scoping, programme and team selection through to delivery, quality management and budgetary control
- Delivering or helping to deliver innovative approaches to our sustainability service offering
- Driving or helping drive client business development activities for sustainability, supporting proposal development, planning client events and contributing to thought leadership, demonstrating ability to generate leads and expand our opportunities in this area
- Leveraging your in-depth knowledge of the sustainability landscape, specifically on the decarbonisation challenges and regulatory frameworks, to enable you to act in the capacity of ‘trusted advisor’ for client stakeholders.
- Help public authorities in setting out a long-term vision and supporting policy based on a holistic perspective on the Irish regulatory landscape.
- Develop (techno-economic) analyses to assess decarbonisation options and propose decarbonisation roadmaps for our clients
- Provide or support carbon accounting and carbon target setting solutions (SBTi-based) support to our clients
- Analyse and adapt business and operating models and related processes to deal with current and future challenges
- Build viable business cases to support investment decisions
- Serve as an ecosystem facilitator to bring stakeholders together on joint climate and energy initiatives
- Developing thought leadership and market eminence related to sustainability
- Building technical knowledge across the wider Deloitte internal team
- Developing strong relationships with internal stakeholders across the firm, working alongside others on all sustainability matters and industries as the team continues to grow
- Supporting the firm’s ‘talent agenda’ via the mentoring and the development of junior staff
- Supporting and contributing to the development of the practice’s future strategy
- Strong experience relevant field like sustainability, economics or engineering
- Significant experience in helping organisations understand sustainability issues and supporting them in decarbonisation
- Knowledge in one or more of following areas: decarbonisation pathways, carbon accounting, GHG protocol, SBTi, transition planning including climate mitigation and adaptation, impact assessment, sustainability technology/Climate-tech landscape
- Strategic mindset and fascinated by new technologies, intellectually curious and eager to identify how Deloitte can best support our clients in addressing sustainability challenges
- Evidence of client networking success, proven track record in business development
- Analytically minded; confident in demonstrating the ROI sustainability initiatives
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft applications – PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access)