ZGF is seeking a Specifications Writer to join our team in our Portland OR office to help us deliver design excellence and embed innovation in everything we do. Each day we ideate, collaborate, and create, supported by a culturally diverse group of architectural professionals. Our team thrives on multi-disciplinary engagement while practicing at the intersection of architecture, interiors, and urban design and are distinguished by our creative and intellectual curiosity.
As a Specifications Writer, you will…
- Edit and maintain project specifications per established procedures.
- Review, edit, and create technical specification sections.
- Help create the written requirements for the products, procedures, and standards for our projects.
- Develop relationships with product representatives.
- Assist staff in conducting product research.
- Assist with ongoing editing and revisions of ZGF master specifications.
- Be calm under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks across multiple projects or assignments.
- Occasionally assist with other project administration duties including responding to RFIs or submittals.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Professional Architecture degree preferred, or related degree considered
- Architectural license preferred; CSI CDT/CCS certificate considered
- Must be articulate, with excellent oral and written communication skills, and able to contribute in a geographically dispersed collaborative teamwork environment
- Familiarity with sustainable design practices required, including LEED, ILFI initiatives, WELL Building Standard, low embodied carbon strategies, hazardous materials/chemistries avoidance
- Familiarity with Revit, Autocad, Newforma, Bluebeam, Deltek MasterSpec, RIB Speclink
- Experience in Construction Administration for large-scale projects
- Experience with knowledge management and building information management systems