You are passionate about having a positive impact? You want to implement sustainable and regenerative thinking into Herzog & de Meuron’s architectural practice based in Basel with studios in Berlin, Munich, London, Paris, Copenhagen, Hong Kong, New York and San Francisco? You balance effortlessly between vision and pragmatism, panoramic views and deep dives?
Then you should complement our team in Basel as Senior Sustainability Specialist.
– Diploma or Master’s degree in Architecture, Environmental Studies or Engineering disciplines related to the Building Industry.
– At least 5 years professional experience in project consulting or similar practice.
– Broad knowledge about construction and materials, energy concepts and building services.
– Firm perspective on ecological challenges (biodiversity, climate, energy, resources, water) and human needs (community, diversity, identity, participation, wellbeing).
– Experience with certification processes is an advantage (f.e. SNBS, DGNB, LEED, BREEAM).
– Experience with digital workflows in Building Physics and Life Cycle Assessment is an advantage.
– Fluent in English (C1); fluent German (B2) is a big advantage.
Being a core member of the Sustainability team, you will closely collaborate with
experienced architects and computational specialists. Your work includes providing guidance for project selection, developing specific strategies for initial client meetings and early reviews with our design teams as well as building strategic partnerships, researching and contributing to our knowledge sharing and training efforts. You can expect over 500 highly motivated colleagues, a fertile ground for your own ideas, and exceptional projects of all scales across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
Your application should include a cover letter, a complete resume, a portfolio, diplomas and job references in a PDF format not to exceed 10 MB. You can send your documents either by using our online application form on website or by posting it to us referring to the reference number B22-18.