Contract: Permanent Contract
HTA Design LLP is an award winning multi-disciplinary design partnership of specialist teams working collaboratively in Architecture, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Communications Design, Sustainability, and Planning.
Sustainable Futures is an award-winning specialist unit within HTA that provides deep expertise on sustainable places and buildings. With over 15 years experience, we provide knowledgeable advice to our clients on residential-led projects across the UK, from low-rise urban extensions to the tallest residential modular project in the world. HTA is committed to becoming a net zero business and applies the RIBA 2030 Climate Challenge to all our projects.
A fantastic opportunity exists within our Sustainable Futures team for a Senior Sustainability Consultant. You will be driving forward a sustainability agenda which is demonstrably a core purpose of our organisation. Working in an interdisciplinary environment to deliver great sustainable places, whilst working with a strong existing team excited about delivering better outcomes. You will have the opportunity to manage other consultants and grow that team whilst being client facing, working with some of the most ambitious and aspirational developers in the sector today. We aim to drive more sustainable outcomes from inception through to post occupancy evaluation, offering wide career growth potential, an award-winning external profile, with regular engagement on thought leadership across like-minded practices, collaborators and institutes.
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- An appropriate degree in sustainability, environmental, building services/engineering, geo-environmental discipline or other related discipline.
- 5+ years experience in effectively managing, supporting, and developing a team to deliver high quality sustainability services.
- An understanding of current and proposed legislation and industry best practice with regards to sustainability,
energy and carbon management.
- Experience of working in the residential construction industry and expertise in residential design and the sustainable design of buildings and places.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with clients and other members of the business and to articulate the sustainability, energy and carbon services in a confident and professional manner.
- A good knowledge of UK planning and construction, along with good written skills, including experience of preparing sustainability reports for planning applications.
- A good knowledge of UK regulations for Energy and CO2 emissions is essential.
- BREEAM, LEED or Code for Sustainable Homes assessor qualification.
- Accredited Energy Assessor and/or experience of using energy modeling software e.g. SAP.
If you have what we are looking for and want a role with excellent career development opportunities and a supportive environment, then why not apply?
Please refer to the Job Description & Person Specification on the main recruitment page of our website for further details of the role requirements.
Closing date for applications: Monday 14th November 2022