Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Consultant, Sustainability and Resilience Planning to support our company’s growing Resilience Practice and our Climate, Resilience and Sustainability Team. This is a full-time position located in Los Angeles, CA or any of our Southern California offices.
This is a technical position focused on supporting transportation agencies, local governments and other public sector clients in the development of their sustainability and resilience strategies and policies to mitigate and adapt to climate change. You will work with other experts from our Resilience Practice, including climate scientists, engineers, planners, economists, policy specialists, and risk modelers, and expand our organization to meet our growing portfolio of clients.
- Provide planning and policy expertise in the area of climate-related sustainability and resilience.
- Develop processes and methods to support the integration of climate change considerations into policies, strategies, organizational structures, programs and activities.
- Support clients and participate in client meetings to understand and meet requirements for projects.
- Participate on multiple projects, delivering on project commitments through effective coordination with internal colleagues, external resources and agencies, and consulting team partners.
- Contribute to a diverse team of experts working to advance the Resilience Practice through effective data-driven analysis and decision-making.
- Represent WSP USA in the marketplace, contributing capabilities and experiences to other WSP offices.
- Assist with preparing marketing materials in support of business development pursuits, and contributing to business development efforts.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, planning, public policy, or other discipline emphasizing sustainability and resilience planning.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant professional experience, including past work developing climate change.
- Technical capabilities and leadership in project design and delivery
- Attention to detail; commitment and skills to identify and detect errors; commitment to thorough quality reviews and checks; and commitment to accuracy, correctness, and excellence
- Ability to be innovative on challenging topics to produce client-tailored products
- Experience working independently, and on efforts requiring remote collaboration
- Experience communicating orally and in writing technical analysis and results to non-technical audiences using data visualization and maps
- Effective self-leadership with attention to detail, results orientation, and managing multiple priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to apply technical knowledge to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, statistical analysis and arriving at the most effective, economical, and logical solution.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Post Graduate Education
- Management consulting or client advisory experience
- Experience working with public agencies.
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career. These benefits include coverage related to medical, dental, vision, disability, and life; retirement savings; paid sick leave; paid vacation (or other personal time); paid parental leave; and paid time off for purposes of bereavement, voting, and/or attendance at naturalization proceedings.
Expected Salary (all locations): $81,500 – $142,560
WSP USA is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it might pay and offer for this position, based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to internal equity and specific geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, and/or federal law.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: N/A – No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: LOS ANGELES – 888 S FIGUEROA
- All locations: US-CA-Irvine, US-CA-Los Angeles, US-CA-Orange, US-CA-Riverside, US-CA-San Diego