We’re AtkinsRéalis, a world-leading design, engineering and project management organization. We connect people, data and technology to transform the world’s infrastructure and energy systems.
Our Project & Programme Services team are proud to deliver on some of the most prestigious construction projects across the world. It’s thanks to our talented people and their diverse thinking, expertise and knowledge. Join us and you’ll be part of our genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone is supported to make the most of their talents and expertise.
When it comes to work-life balance, AtkinsRéalis is a great place to be. So, let’s discuss how our flexible and remote working policies can support your priorities. We’re passionate about are work while valuing each other equally. So, ask us about some of our recent pledges for Women’s Equality and being a ‘Disability Confident’ and ‘Inclusive Employer.
We are an international company, working for public and private sector Clients across a range of programme and project consultancy services. This includes sustainability and asset management. How property and real estate are managed are critical success factors for most organisations. We optimise our clients’ property strategies by aligning it to their business goals. A core element of that strategy includes achievement of Net Zero Carbon for many of our clients.
The sustainably and asset management team are primally based in London but work on projects nationally. This includes Asset and facilities management advisory, environmental rating tools (BREEAM, Ska, Well Building etc); energy efficiency and carbon management services; and post-occupancy evaluation and building performance. We also delivery broader sustainability strategy services.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Senior Consultant who will work with our team to deliver our sustainability services, including net zero carbon advisory. The right person will have a passion for and experience in sustainability and net zero carbon.
Your permanent location will be our London offices, though we have a flexible working approach. The role may include travel to clients’ offices/ sites throughout the UK. Candidates may be expected to attain an appropriate level of UK security clearance.
The range of experience we are looking for is diverse. We have outlined beneficial experience below – though we wouldn’t expect all of these to be addressed:
Providing technical sustainability support to clients in a wide range of areas including:
- Sustainability strategies.
- Renewable feasibility studies.
- Building performance.
- Whole life carbon assessments.
- Climate adaptation / mitigation strategies.
- Experience modelling net zero carbon roadmaps.
- Measurement and Verification (design and application of M&V Plans in accordance with IPMVP or other recognised standard would be beneficial).
- Calculation of energy and carbon emissions from a range of technology types.
- Passivhaus knowledge.
- Knowledgeable regarding UKGBC, CIBSE, LETI.
- Knowledgeable regarding funding routes, for example Salix.
- Knowledgeable on design stage, construction, and in-use stages. Able to provide advice to clients/ design teams on the most cost-effective and beneficial route to achieve sustainability targets.
- Low Carbon Energy Assessor accreditation would be beneficial.
- Preferable: MSc in an Engineering, Energy, or related field.
- Competent in Microsoft Office and Windows applications.
- A strong understanding of building physics.
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to initiative, build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Confident with an ability to assimilate within a team and maintain/develop the business.
- Commercial awareness and confident in preparing bid documents and managing resources, deliverables and budgets on projects.
- Able to facilitate workshops with a broad range of stakeholders.
- The context of this work is changing so candidate should be confident in undertaking independent research into sustainability, energy and Net Zero related topics.
- High level of energy with lots of drive and enthusiasm and a can-do attitude.