Action Sustainability drives real, sustainable change with its clients. In particular, we undertake a large number of projects on behalf of clients in the construction sector that seek to inspire and deliver a more sustainable built environment.
We are looking for an experienced climate change and carbon consultant with a passion for sustainability and making a difference.
- Do you have experience of working in sustainability?
- Do you enjoy working and engaging with people as part of effecting a change?
- Can you see the bigger picture whilst maintaining an eye for the detail?
If yes, then we would love to hear from you!
Background to Action Sustainability:
Action Sustainability is a leading consultancy with the aim of inspiring sustainable business. Our team comprises 50 full and part time employees and associates. Notable successes include:
- Establishing and delivering the award-winning Supply Chain Sustainability School.
- Leading the UK delegation to develop ISO 20400 and now leading global adoption.
- Launching the reporting and performance management software, the Sustainability Tool, as well as it topic-specific iterations such as the Carbon Calculator.
Many of our clients are sector leaders on sustainability and supply chain issues and we are proud of our reputation for leading the thinking in this area. They include; manufacturing, technology, infrastructure, FMCG, government, healthcare, and construction.
Action Sustainability is an accredited Living Wage employer. We are committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace culture and welcome applications from all people with relevant skills, knowledge and experience, including those from diverse and under-represented backgrounds.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- We have a ‘winner-doer’ model in Action Sustainability. As such your role will be to develop new business in climate change and carbon and then coordinate and lead on its delivery, ensuring an excellent level of client service, working closely between client and our team.
- You will have experience of engaging senior directors and commercial stakeholders from a variety of sectors to identify new opportunities and lead the team in winning new work.
- Projects will involve C-suite-level development of carbon reduction strategies, becoming a trusted advisor to our clients. It will also involve the delivery of carbon accounting and reporting, and implementation of carbon strategies with our clients.
- You will be required to work in tandem with our other service offerings, sustainable procurement in particular, to deliver joined-up client outcomes.
- You will coordinate and deliver training to clients on climate change and carbon, both through Action Sustainability’s consultancy business, and through the Supply Chain Sustainability School.
- You will be an expert link between the consultancy business and the Sustainability Tool business, providing advice on carbon metrics, KPIs and on data measurement and reporting.
- You will lead and coordinate the Climate Action Group, a collaboration group within the Supply Chain Sustainability School.
- You will speak at industry conferences and events about our work and the outcomes from it.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Deep experience and expertise in climate change macro-level issues, carbon accounting and reporting, topics such as the GHG Protocol, SECR, SBTi and other reporting mechanisms, and successful implementation of these into corporate strategy.
- Experience of where and how carbon impacts occur in supply chains in a variety of markets and how to deliver methods to manage their impact.
- Understanding and experience of related sustainability impacts, such as air quality, waste and resource efficiency, and biodiversity and how they impact on carbon.
- A clear understanding of the interactions between clients, suppliers/contractors, budget holders, and other stakeholders.
- Proven ability to understand clients’ needs, to build trust, relationships and influence with senior stakeholders, giving them the advice they need to hear, rather than want to hear.
- Experience of delivering training, facilitating interactive workshops, and public speaking.
- A self-starter with a proactive approach – a “can do” attitude and ability to make things happen.
- Strong organisational skills to manage a diverse portfolio of projects.
- Willingness to work in dynamic, flexible environment within a small but highly influential business.
Reporting to: Head of Consultancy & Carbon
- Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- IEMA or equivalent qualification
Terms and Conditions:
- Salary: £46,000 – £50,000, depending on experience.
- Holidays: 25 days plus 8 statutory holidays plus 1 day for birthday.
- Other benefits: 8% contribution to pension.
- Location: The role will be based in our London office, but flexible working can be included as part of the role.
- Development: We offer the opportunity to grow in this award-winning consultancy with the support of leading experts and innovative new practices.
Start date of advertisement: 10.02.2023.
End date of advertisement: 24.03.2023.
Interested applicants should send their CV and accompanying letter through the Recruitment Revolutions portal.