Green Economy (www.greeneconomy.co.uk), part of The Growth Company (GC), who delivers a range of services to support businesses to decarbonise and reduce their carbon footprint, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Carbon Consultant to join the team based in Greater Manchester to deliver specialist advice and support to eligible business owners and senior managers to businesses across Greater Manchester.
The experienced consultant will play a crucial role in supporting businesses to understand their carbon emissions, develop decarbonisation plans and to set meaningful goals to support the realisation of net zero targets.
- To identity a pipeline of large carbon emitting businesses and support them to gather baseline data to measure their carbon footprint.
- To help them to understand hotspots of carbon intensity across all emissions scopes.
- Plan a reduction strategy, setting meaningful targets.
- Undertake detailed discussions with client around complex business issues to understand their business challenges, making sound recommendations for appropriate actions that will lead to more sustainable business practice and mitigate risks associated with climate change.
- Production of business decarbonisation plans to detail how such businesses might reduce their emissions to Net Zero.
- To help businesses with their existing carbon footprints to validate their footprints, their targets, rationalise their plans, or help them to prepare new ones.
- Work with the relevant businesses closely to monitor any ongoing outcomes of support including increases in staff, implementing green tech and associated reductions in GHGs.
- Work with key stakeholders to provide local carbon intelligence and insight to help steer future activity.
- At least 8 years carbon consulting or carbon footprinting experience.
- Proven track record of carbon reduction strategies implemented in business.
- SECR and PPN reporting mechanisms.
- Have specialist, technical expertise alongside excellent communication and people skills, to articulate the benefits of the transition to a low carbon economy to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Degree level education, with post graduate level qualifications and business experience.
- Professional experience and approach to managing and delivering business assessment, advice, and development to support businesses to decarbonise.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key challenges and market failures preventing businesses from reducing their carbon emissions.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Experienced presenter and public speaker.
- Knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework in relation to carbon/net zero.
- Excellent IT skills, including an understanding of computerised management.
- Experienced in supporting business to identify and implement energy efficiency and carbon reduction projects that can help the business to reduce its carbon footprint.
For an outline of the benefits and what you can expect working for us, see Life At GC | The Growth Company
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone including vulnerable adults and young people, we expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures which include a DBS check. This will be conducted by Due Diligence Limited (DDC Ltd) on behalf of GC. Please note that the successful candidate will not be required to pay for this.
If you are on the Barred List, it is against the law to apply and to be hired for a role that includes regulated activity with the concerned group.
GC is committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the essential requirements for a role. This commitment applies to candidates who have a disability or are from an ethnic community.
As part of our application process, you can ask to be considered under this scheme if you are from an ethnic community or have a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities. Providing that you meet the essential criteria for the role, you will then be invited for an interview. Your guaranteed interview application will only be shared with the recruiting manager and our Internal recruitment team.
We are a member of the national campaign Ban the Box; this campaign aims to open opportunities for people with convictions to compete for jobs. We’re supporting the campaign by removing conviction questions at the applications stage.
GC aims to promote a culture of flexibility and agile working. Going forward we will be transitioning to a culture where full agile working will be a feature of many of our roles. We also recognise that there may be a need for more permanent flexibility in your working arrangements and in such cases, we encourage you to have these discussions at the interview stage, to enable your flexible working request to be considered as early as possible.
Should you apply for any of our roles, we will be completing interviews virtually or face to face, dependent on the role. This will be explained further should you reach interview stage. We will be more than happy to explain the measures we have put in place, ahead of you attending any of our premises.