Job Category Program/Project Management Job Details
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1-1-1 model, which uses 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
About This Role
At Salesforce, we believe that business is the greatest platform for change. Our vision is to accelerate the world’s largest businesses to Net Zero, sequester 100 gigatons of carbon through conserving, restoring and growing 1 trillion trees, protect our oceans and energize the ecopreneur revolution.
The climate emergency requires an unprecedented amount of change at incredible speed and scale. We are proud of the work we’ve done so far, and we know we have a tremendous opportunity to do more. Moving at the speed the planet demands will take all of us working together. We’re looking for an experienced analyst to support Salesforce’s decarbonization strategies across the organization.This position will report to the Head of Emissions Reduction and work closely with the entire Sustainability team and multi-functional business partners.
Equality is a core value at Salesforce. We strive to build a workplace that reflects society and where everyone feels seen, valued, heard, and empowered to create the best work of their careers. Learn more about our dedication to Equality at https://www.salesforce.com/company/equality/ .
Key Responsibilities Include
- Develop and manage the quantitative modeling to support Salesforce’s Net Zero and emissions reduction commitments
- Understand and contribute to inputs, assumptions, and underlying data that feed into Salesforce’s Climate Action Plan , particularly our journey to deeply decarbonize throughout our value chain
- Deliver clear and timely emissions forecasting and reduction data to business partners on a regular basis to inform decision making
- Reinvent emissions forecasting approach, ensuring the most accurate data is being used to inform the company’s strategy
- Develop and maintain internal and external data systems to identify, evaluate, select and track carbon credits
- Support data management related to our 100% renewable energy commitment
- Support data management and quarterly trend analysis related to our 50% reduction in business travel emissions intensity target in conjunction with the Global Travel Team
- Develop and communicate sophisticated models and scenarios to team members and other partners
- Contribute to the annual GHG accounting and disclosure process
- Support the implementation of high-impact emissions reduction strategies throughout Salesforce’s value chain and beyond
- Provide input to the development of GHG accounting and forecasting methodologies
- Cross-functionally collaborate with procurement, real estate, infrastructure, finance, marketing, travel, communications, and policy teams to ascertain the most accurate and reliable data sources
- Continually iterate on and improve the processes related to data collection, forecasting, and decarbonization
- Collaborate to improve useful supplier emissions data and forecasting
- Provide feedback on the development of Net Zero Cloud as needed
- Support other sustainability programs as needed
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in environment, sustainability, energy, GHG accounting or related field
- Strong analytical and statistical skills, including quantitative modeling, forecasting and experience making sense of large amounts of data
- Proven experience designing and maintaining complex data models and data management systems
- Experience with the World Resources Institute guidelines on Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reporting Protocol as it relates to measuring Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions
- Experience with third-party GHG verification and/or auditing
- Knowledge of Scope 2 market-based methodology and contractual instrument (e.g., RECs) application
- Knowledge of the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) Net-Zero Standard
- Ability to problem-solve and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated passion for and knowledge of corporate ESG issues
- Tech savvy and comfortable working with and using new software tools
- Excellent project management skills
- Keen attention to detail and data accuracy
- Positive team-oriented, hands-on, adaptive, and client-focused attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.As a federal contractor, Salesforce is required to verify that all US-based employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you receive an offer and are unable to get vaccinated for religious or medical reasons, you may request a reasonable accommodation.