Job Family – Costing
Shape the future of a growing business
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
As PV Strategic Partnership Manager, you will have a central role in our project teams. Here you support the Solar team with all tasks related to strategic and technical supplier partnering and commercial management from project start to execution stage of the project. You will play a central role in the bid phase, where you contribute with price benchmarking, mapping of subcontractor pricing and agreements, strategic partnering, and selection of optimum Equipment suppliers.
You are outgoing, willing to learn new things, and passionate about making your special contribution to the energy sector and the common transition to green energy.
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU!
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Education requirements: Master’s Degree in Engineering or comparable
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in related functions within the Solar PV industry (Supply chain management functions, strategic project procurement, proposal and/or project management)
- Advanced knowledge of sourcing process
- Advanced Solar PV major equipment relevant technical proficiency and understanding of product trends & roadmaps (Modules, Inverters, Trackers, Balance of Solar PV System for off- and on-grid)
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills, along with ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders on different levels
- Self-managing leader with high problem-solving abilities
- Advanced MS Office applications skills, particularly Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Project
- Ability to understand and work in a matrix, international organization
- Advanced data analytics and cost modelling skills
- Analyze sales and operations planning in respect of new projects to ensure the involvement of Procurement in a project
- Providing information about the market and preferred suppliers regarding goods and services (Major Buyouts, Aux-Equipment and Extended Scope)
- Support project calculation with reliable and up-to-date cost data for responsible scope
- Strategic supplier identification, selection, and establish framework for negotiation in projects. I.e., map the procurement strategy for a project, execute the strategy, evaluate, select, and monitor suppliers. Support contracting to negotiate new contracts and subcontracting agreements, etc.
- Main communication channel to suppliers on all partnering aspects for responsible scope to meet strategic and project targets (Expedite RFQs, Lead and conduct contractual, price, cash flow and commercial T&C negotiations);
- Manage the top project OEM for the projects and leverage synergies by using and involving the procurement network within Siemens Energy SCM
- Contribute actively to the bid phase with providing potential suppliers, create price benchmarks etc. together with Bidding/Cost Estimation and Contracting
- Carry out supplier management and ongoing evaluations, including and in collaboration with Bidding/Cost Estimation and Contracting, Execution and Services department to prepare execution and audit plans
- Have close contact with all key suppliers and contractors and support project managers with all tasks related to procurement
- Make use and be part of an international and worldwide acting procurement network and contribute to local and global savings targets
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Dynamic and flexible team – be part of our team that empowers our customers to meet the growing global demand for energy while transitioning to a more sustainable world.
- Our culture – agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind.
- Knowledge and skills – You will have ample opportunities to develop professionally, by using internal and external education as well as your internal local and international colleagues.
- Balanced lifestyle – flexible working environment.