Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Project Director, Sustainability, Energy and Climate Change (Sustainable Real Estate) for our Chicago, IL office. The following locations will also be considered: San Diego or San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Portland, OR; Bethlehem, PA; Seattle, WA; or other WSP USA offices. Be involved in projects with our Climate Resiliency and Sustainability Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
The successful candidate will lead client-facing teams in the design, implementation, and management of organizational sustainability programs and have demonstrated capability in sustainable real estate. The ideal candidate will have the flexibility and capacity to work on a wide variety of projects and the ability to work well with cross-functional teams. Candidates should be passionate about sustainability, self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to produce high-quality work products.
- Leading strategic client engagements around building performance, energy, water, waste, and carbon for sustainable real estate projects.
- Developing and maintaining data management systems and business intelligence tools, including ESG data management.
- Designing sustainability performance targets and accompanying strategies and achievement plans.
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities for energy, GHG, pollution, and resource reductions.
- Analyzing energy efficiency and renewable energy purchase options.
- Researching leading sustainability programs and initiatives.
- Developing sustainability reports, disclosures, and other communications.
- Managing business development activities with existing and prospective clients.
- Collaborate with professionals from a variety of disciplines to provide future ready solutions for clients.
- Remain current in latest environmental science subject matter and techniques.
- Actively engage in business development and proposal writing.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Energy, Sustainability, Climate Change, Risk Management, or a related discipline.
- 7-10 years of related sustainability or consulting experience including experience in sustainable real estate.
- Direct experience with corporate and commercial real estate facilities management practices.
- Experience with portfolio-level sustainability program development across energy, water, waste, and IAQ impacts, including use of related frameworks such as LEED, BIT, GRESB, Fitwel, RESET and ENERGY STAR.
- Familiarity with broader sustainability issues and frameworks such as SBTi, RE100, and the GHG Protocol.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and use of programs including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop and present analyses using programs including Microsoft Excel, Access, and Power BI.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and manage time efficiently and to collaborate remotely across geographies and platforms.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence, and integrity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to craft compelling presentations and reports.
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, and identify the most effective solutions to accomplish objectives of assigned projects.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- 10-15 years of related experience
- Master’s Degree.
Compensation and Benefits:
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary (Colorado): $76,400 – $155,900.
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: N/A – No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: CHICAGO – 30 N LASALLE ST
- All locations: US-CA-San Diego, US-CA-San Francisco, US-IL-Chicago, US-NY-New York, US-OR-Portland, US-PA-Bethlehem, US-WA-Seattle
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.