ERM is seeking a motivated Principal Consultant – Product Stewardship in our Yokohama, Japan office . The ideal candidate will join our Global Product Stewardship team of over 250 professionals in the major geographies and provide program management and senior technical delivery services for clients nationally and internationally. Our Product Stewardship service helps clients to optimize business value for clients by supporting product compliance, identifying and mitigating risk, and optimizing sustainability throughout the product life cycle.
- Provide technical and program leadership for ongoing product stewardship projects in the industrial chemical and consumer products, food, agri-chem, pharmaceutical, mining, and high tech sectors. These programs include registrations and compliance with the following:
- Retail customer disclosures and product safety compliance.
- Existing and emerging consumer right to know legislation.
- Supply chain full material disclosure, component compliance, sustainability, and transparency support.
- Identify and lead development of product stewardship opportunities with existing key clients as well as development of new clients.
- Manage career development and technical training for regional consultants to build product stewardship capability.
- Lead Technical community and client account manager knowledge and competency training events in key product stewardship service areas.
- Degree (pref. Masters) in chemistry, biology, public health, toxicology, chemistry or other relevant disciplines.
- 20 years of relevant experience in industry or consulting.
- Professional certifications a plus .
- Familiarity with key country product safety regulations.
- Familiarity with IT systems in the product stewardship space.
- Strong team leadership experience and commitment to team dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to succeed in a consulting paced environment, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Excellent quality delivery, collaboration, and problem resolution skills to drive technical and business success on projects with key clients.
Who We Are
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!