About The Role
This role is to lead the Sustainability team, scope, and responsibilities for two of GoTo Group’s companies Gojek and GoTo Financial. The role’s scope of work is to support the development of GoTo’s sustainability strategy; developing, monitoring, and tracking solutions for sustainability-related targets across GoTo’s group of companies: Gojek, GoTo Financial, and Tokopedia; reporting and benchmarking with global and industry standards
What You Will Do
- Identify operational company-level strategy, priorities, and targets, in alignment with GoTo Group-level goals
- Support development of GoTo’s sustainability strategy and roadmaps as it relates to our Three Zero commitments, and in alignment with operational companies’ priorities (OKRs)
- Establish internal processes for ESG reporting: assigning data owners, coordinating the collection, analysis, and quality control of data across relevant functions and teams, and aligning key messaging around relevant issues
- Lead engagement and communication with internal/external stakeholders to strengthen GoTo’s sustainability efforts and credibility
What You Will Need
- Holds at least a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, ideally in environmental science, engineering, resource management, data analysis or other related fields
- Beneficial: GRI Standards certification or equivalent
- Having at least 5 years of relevant experience in developing and implementing reporting mechanisms in line with global ESG standards
- Application and delivery of sustainability strategy in a complex organization and project management/coordination of relevant activities
- Preferably has spent significant time (>1 year) in at least one of GoTo’s main operating markets, and has strong network and knowledge about the region
- Has existing relationship or able to bridge, develop and maintain good relationships with key regional and global partners in sustainability
- Strong communication skills, to be able to effectively articulate and position GoTo’s sustainability narrative
- Fact-based / number-oriented individual, who is comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
About The Team
Our team is a small but dynamic, agile team working across various functions and business units within the GoTo Group of companies, to integrate market and industry best practices into how we respond to our material ESG issues. We drive GoTo’s sustainability strategy at group-level, and work with fast-moving and dynamic teams internally to deliver measurable and tangible impact. Our mandate is to ensure GoTo is integrating sustainability in all that we do, and each one of us is a passionate champion of sustainability principles, committed to creating positive impact and value for all GoTo’s stakeholders. We value integrity, collaboration, hard work ethic and transparency more than anything else.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It’s also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune’s list of ‘Companies That Changed The World.’
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2021, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates – in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.