Scherpenzeel, NL or Weinheim, DE | Fulltime
Things we’d love to tell you about Interface
Interface is leading the way as a “flooring solution provider” in sustainable business and environmentally friendly manufacturing across our six manufacturing sites. Our mission is to overcome the greatest challenge humanity has ever faced and combat global warming. It is no longer enough to limit the damage we do. We must see it in reverse. We want to restore our planet and leave a positive impact.
By experimenting with renewable and recyclable materials, we have been able to reduce the carbon footprint of our products. Every flooring product we offer, be it carpet, LVT or rubber, is now 100% carbon neutral. A positive step toward “Climate Take Back. With several carbon-negative products available, we are striving to become a carbon-negative company.
We’re more than a carpet company. Much more. Interface is its people — authentic people who bring their whole, undivided selves to work and to the world. We’re empowered to speak out, to stand out, and to reach out. Being genuine creates a foundation for trust and deep relationships, investing in “we” over “me” and creating a culture of inclusion. We challenge ourselves to do the right thing, to be generous to people and to the planet we call home. Doing the greatest good possible — that’s the passion we share. Our culture of curiosity is contagious. At Interface, there’s an ever-present sense of exploration and innovation — a willingness to test, tumble, and try again.
Job purpose and Impact
As the LCA and Sustainability Specialist at Interface, you will play a pivotal role in advancing our sustainability initiatives by executing life cycle assessment projects, collaborating with the sustainability and innovation team on measuring our GHG emissions inventory and progressing our path to meet Science Based Targets, and working with our procurement teams to on initiatives to partner with our suppliers on our emission reduction journey. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, external partners, and stakeholders to drive the adoption of sustainable practices and products. The LCA and Sustainability Specialist role will report to our Global Innovation and Sustainability Projects Director.
- Project Management: Manage all aspects of LCA projects from scoping and data collection to analysis and reporting, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Oversee the collection and analysis of data related to product life cycles, environmental impacts, and performance.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with product development, innovation, and sustainability teams to integrate LCA insights into Science Based Target strategy and product design.
- Suppliers to Negative: Partner with procurement and suppliers to increase collection of accurate data for LCA, as well as support supplier initiatives to drive decarbonization within our supply chain.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for improving product sustainability, reducing environmental impacts, and increasing the transparency of our sustainability efforts.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay up to date with environmental regulations and standards related to programs including LCA, GHG, and SBTi, ensuring that Interface products and practices meet or exceed these requirements.
- Education and Training: Provide training and guidance to internal teams on LCA principles and best practices to build resilience within the organization.
- Reporting and Communication: Prepare and present LCA findings and progress reports to external stakeholders and senior management, as needed.
Interface has a lot to offer!
In addition to our ambitious sustainability mission and investments in our planet, we also invest in our people! This is not only reflected in our corporate culture and social interactions, but also in our employee benefits.
We provide a modern working environment where a good work-life balance is promoted, and enough options for professional development and growth. You can expect a dynamic and inclusive work environment that values sustainability and innovation. The exact benefits will be discussed later in the procedure and depend on the final location.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, sustainability, engineering, or a related field
- Passion for sustainability and a commitment to Interface’s mission. Experience in a sustainability industry experience is desirable
- Experience in a position requiring extensive quantitative work and data analysis
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing in English. A second language is strongly required dependent on location (German/ Dutch)
- Within easy traveling distance of our manufacturing locations in Scherpenzeel (NL) or Weinheim (DE)
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and sustainability standards (ISO 14040/14044, EPD, LEED, NSF140, NSF332, GreenTag, etc.)
- Experience working in global organization, across multiple cultures and in cross-functional teams is preferred