Enviro Connexions/Waste Connections of Canada, a leader in the management of non-hazardous residual materials in North America, is looking for a creative, energetic and autonomous Junior Environmental Engineer to join their engineering team located at the Enviro Connections Landfill in Terrebonne. QC. We are looking for a determined, safety-first individual who will support our operations while reinforcing our core corporate values.
The objectives of this position are:
The successful incumbent will have the opportunity to grow and expand their role and responsibilities at Enviro Connections/Waste Connections of Canada.
Reporting to the Canadian Regional Engineering Manager, the Junior Environmental Engineer work out of Lachenaie Landfill in Terrebonne, Quebec and will have a dotted line to the District Manager of Complexe Enviro Connections. You will need to travel to our facilities throughout Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia and Manitoba.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the activities of the environmental complex (landfill/gas plant) to ensure compliance with our authorization permits for our activities (landfilling of residual materials, wastewater treatment, composting and production of renewable natural gas)
- Writing and monitoring reports for government authorities and internal needs
- Work as a member of the engineering team on the planning and execution of environmental studies, facility expansions, compost production, leachate treatment systems, residual materials and other waste management related construction projects.
- Conduct environmental compliance inspections and audits.
- Provide operations support to resolve operational, design and compliance issues.
- Develop expertise in the field of management, treatment and use of biogas, leachate and compost.
- Provide guidance to external engineering consultants and contractors on various planning and construction projects, as required.
- Assist with applications for environmental permits and authorizations.
- Prepare monitoring, construction and operations reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of operational safety, contingency, environmental accident prevention and other plans.
- Assist in the preparation and review of facility design and development plans, develop cost estimates, and evaluate engineering proposals and specifications.
- Maintain records and information databases.
- Meet with regulatory bodies as needed.
- Represent the company at community events and conferences
- Fluency in French and English (written and spoken)
- Degree in environmental, civil engineering or other related scientific field
- 1 to 5 years of work experience in North America
- Experience in waste management or landfill desirable
- Good knowledge of Quebec environmental laws and regulations is desirable
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Valid driver’s license