High Performance Building Director/Cove.tool
High Performance Building Director
at cove.tool (View all jobs)
Are you ready to fight climate change? We just raised a $30 million Series B from Coatue (early backer of Apple, Tesla, and Rivian) and actor Robert Downey Jr (aka Iron Man). Did you know buildings contribute to over 40% of the global carbon emissions? Our web-based SaaS toolset, helps design teams rapidly decarbonate the building design process by automating energy, daylight, glare, cost, and more with machine learning. Last year we offset enough carbon to save 171,000 lives and 5x more carbon than Tesla. Join our fast-growing team to help save the planet!
- Educate architects and engineers on the importance of performance modeling and digital practice. Guide firms towards best practices through webinars, targeted training sessions, conference papers, and more.
- Provide thought leadership by publishing and curating articles, posts, and media for architects.
- Establish standards and best practices for firms to get all their projects to the Architecture 2030 targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, mechanical engineering, simulation, environmental science, or an equivalent combination of other studies.
- Proficient in use of design software, such as Revit, Sketchup, Rhino, Grasshopper, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Completed case studies where you applied high performance thinking to an architecture problem in a professional setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Curious, insightful, engaged, determined to make a difference.
- Be a nice friendly person who cares about doing good for the world.
- Experience in building sustainability or architecture
- Professional certifications (such as LEED, WELL, etc.)
- Master’s degree in architecture, sustainability, environmental science, or an equivalent combination of other studies
- Licensed Architect in the United States
- Business development experience
What’s In It for You:
- 100% Employer Paid Health insurance
- Vision and Dental benefits
- Employer-paid public transit pass and biking stipend
- Competitive Pay
- Work-Life Balance
- Onsite Gym membership
- Hybrid Work
- Paid time off and holidays
- Snacks, beer, team events
Cove.tool is proud to recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), age, or disability.