JPMorgan Chase Corporate Real Estate is responsible for a worldwide occupancy portfolio of 75 million square feet across 65 countries in over 7,000 properties. Specifically, the position provides support to the GRE Global Head of Sustainability as well as other senior leaders within Property Management on matters related to sustainability, energy and strategy.
This position requires support across all areas of Sustainability within Global Real Estate in all areas of the management of assigned properties to include; but not limited to contributing to projects analytics, preparation of communications, interactions with GRE and JPMC departments, GRE Suppliers and JPMC internal clients, monthly reporting and employing good sustainability practices. Provide administrative tasks including reports preparation, tracking of users’ requests, and supervision of sub-contractors activities.
Sustainability VP provides support to the GRE Global Head of Sustainability as well as other senior leaders within Property Management.
- Support the Global Head of sustainability and key property management staff with day to day tasks and activities.
- Work closely with the energy team and consultants on ESG, carbon and renewables tracking
- Take an active role on issues related to energy procurement and energy-related capital projects, renewable/carbon and critical environments
- Work closely with energy procurement partnerships
- Support with utility usage trends across a multitude of real estate asset classes and in a variety of different markets/region (i.e. – retail, commercial, data center, etc.)
- Assist with detailed evaluation of emerging technologies and opportunities for alternative energy sourcing opportunities that best meet the various asset classes.
- Support implementation of newest technologies aimed at improving energy efficiency and consumption, environmental impact, and conceptualize cost savings opportunities
- Work on Standardizing company sustainable practices and green standard operating procedures
- Work with team to assist in the development and implementation of both internal and external sustainability communications
- Maintain a library of industry research and provide internal reports on sustainability trends
- Provide strategic and technical assistance in the areas of energy and sustainability management and related standard operating procedures, predictive maintenance procedures, customer service delivery level agreements and the development and review of performance criteria for outside service contracts
- Work with project management teams to ensure the implementation of life cycle cost evaluation approaches which explicitly include energy and sustainability considerations
- Carry out broad and complex assignments requiring comprehensive knowledge related to energy efficiency, renewable/carbon offsets and sustainability services offered by the Global Energy and Sustainability platform
- Communicate past, present and future energy plans and performance through formal presentations
- Provide oversight and direction in conducting LEED gap analyses
- Support with invoice payment and tracking for onsite renewable deployment construction projects.
- Manage status calls with key partners related to strategic projects; develop and maintain strategic relationships
- Develop and manage comprehensive presentations and analytical documents for senior management and external stakeholders; coordinate information gathering and analytics across multiple strategic partners
- Strive to improve operational excellence by analyzing existing processes and developing innovative solutions; think outside the box and generate new ideas.
- Develops and maintains data tracking systems for environmental metrics globally, and uses this information to present a clear and compelling messag
- Assist with ongoing portfolio wide Operation & Maintenance program for all onsite renewable assets – solar & fuel cells. Manage O&M contracts to ensure proper and timely execution of scheduled tasks.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting background
- Possess understanding of controls, control framework and effective root cause analysis
- Experience in governance and oversight
- Strong analytic skills and ability to develop/manage complex reporting
- Strong control orientation, analytical, communication and negotiation skills
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation, and sense of urgency
- Ability to develop high level senior management presentations and sophisticated Excel analytical tools.
- In-depth knowledge of JPMorgan Chase & Co. platforms preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in the firm’s vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans