The European Environmental Bureau (EEB) is looking for a full-time Executive Coordinator
The European Environmental Bureau is the largest and most inclusive European network of environmental citizens’ groups – and the only one that works on such a broad range of issues. We advocate for progressive policies to create a better environment in the European Union and beyond.
We are seeking an Executive Coordinator to work with the Secretary General, Deputy Secretary General and the Senior Management Team to help ensure effective management of a growing EEB (currently approximately 80 staff).
The successful candidate will have preferably at least three years’ experience in supporting management and be motivated by environmental and climate issues, with a personal commitment to the work we do.
The work consists of:
- Providing administrative support and assistance to the Secretary General and on occasions the Deputy Secretary General:
- Performing office and administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other documents as well as dealing with reimbursement requests;
- Arranging travel and accommodation;
- Scheduling and potentially attending EEB internal meetings, taking notes and recording minutes, where appropriate;
- Managing the public-facing Secretary General-inbox and managing the Secretary General’s calendar, assisting the Secretary General with preparation for meetings scheduled;
- Receiving incoming communications, invitations and memos etc. addressed to the Secretary General, reviewing contents, determining importance, and summarising and/or distributing contents to appropriate staff;
- Performing additional duties as assigned by the Secretary General.
- Supporting the Senior Management Team (SMT):
- Scheduling and preparing agendas for biweekly SMT meetings together with the Secretary General, following up on outstanding points and ensuring high-quality minutes are taken and archived;
- Liaising with SMT members and other colleagues/tasks forces on key commitments to ensure that deadlines are kept and the EEB advances on its commitments;
- Contributing to drafting documents and letters, soliciting inputs and comments and finalising;
- Scheduling and preparing agendas for monthly staff meetings and biweekly internal coordination (so called Strategy Hub) meetings together with the Secretary General, following up on outstanding points and ensuring high-quality minutes are taken and archived.
- Performing other related duties as assigned and agreed.
Qualities and experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other widely used European languages an asset;
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to function well in a high-paced, dynamic and at times stressful environment;
- A willingness to be flexible regarding working hours, particularly around AGMs, board meetings and major events;
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, office management procedures, and recordkeeping systems;
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software;
- Preferably a minimum of three years’ experience in management support in an organisation of similar size;
- Experience in producing high quality output as well as providing quality control;
- Subscribes to the EEB’s values .
The EEB offers:
- An open-ended contract with a gross monthly salary in the indicative range of €2700 – €3300 (negotiable according to experience) coupled with various benefits (holiday bonus, 13th month, pension scheme, luncheon vouchers, work from home indemnity);
- A dynamic, friendly, flexible international working environment;
- EEB has a time recuperation policy to balance needs for flexibility;
- A worthy cause to work for.
 A higher salary could be considered for candidates with higher levels of experience.