This is an exciting new role at Climate Arc and presents an opportunity for an experienced Events & Engagement Manager to be part of a growing organization where making connections, building networks, and forging partnerships are at the heart of what we do and where convening is a core part of our strategy.
We are looking for an innovative Events & Engagement Manager to oversee and organize events and engagement ‘moments’ that will further our impact driven strategy. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh and innovative ideas and the organizational skills required not to leave anything to chance.
Arc is planning a global conversation tour in the next 12-18 months during which we will be visiting key locations around the world identified as potential locations for a global network of hubs. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (COO) and working closely with the Hubs and Communications teams, this role’s initial focus will be to project manage the tour, contracting local coordinators as required and helping curate and cultivate an exciting and purposeful program.
- Develop and deliver an engaging and thought leading program of events that will further Climate Arc’s convening strategy
- Plan and execute in-person, virtual and hybrid events from small online roundtables and workshops to 100+ person receptions and webinars (and everything in between) according to target audiences and objectives
- Work with the Communications team to establish and maintain a detailed calendar of moments and events happening in our focus areas
- Manage the Event budget and analysing the Return on Investment of events
- Keep up to date with new formats and using new tech, developing our online event offering and innovating new event types
- You have proven, strong experience in B2B events ideally within the financial services and/or climate/NGO sectors
- You have broad international experience planning and managing fully virtual and hybrid events and are on top of the latest approaches and AV and collaboration technologies to ensure success
- You are an excellent project manager with exceptional organizational skills adept at managing multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritising as required
- You have outstanding communication and presentation skills with a positive, can-do attitude
- You are a savvy negotiator, capable of building lasting relationships with vendors and contractors
- You have a knack for problem-solving but know when to escalate issues ask for help rather than going it alone
- You are computer savvy and highly proficient in MS Office and knowledgeable in event management and CRM software (Arc currently uses Nimble, Eventbrite and Mailchimp)
If you meet some but not all of the criteria for this position, are unsure, but are keen on the role – we encourage you to apply. This is a unique role working in a niche area where drive and people skills are as, if not more, valuable than technical experience.
- 28 days’ holiday plus public holidays (the latter being flexible to account for religions and cultures not recognised by the public holidays in your country of residence)
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life assurance 4x basic salary
- 9% company pension contribution
- Enhanced family pay and leave policies
- Professional development program
- Professional membership paid (if applicable)
As well as the more tangible items above, we are building a culture of trust and collaboration where we have confidence in you to get the job done and meet deadlines and expectations in a manner, time and place that suits you. As such we offer a flexible and open work environment with fully remote and hybrid working options that work for you and the wider team.
Depending on experience and demonstrated capability, the salary range for this role in the UK is £60,000 – £80,000. For other regions, we will set salary in line with our compensation structure compared to similar roles in similar organizations within that particular geography.
This is a full-time role with an immediate start. Currently, most of the team are in the UK with others in the United States and Europe. This role is open to anyone regardless of location, but you will need to have cross-over working hours to collaborate with the UK. Climate Arc may be able to offer visa sponsorship if you wish to move to the UK, otherwise you must have working rights in your country of residence.
Please complete the Application Form including attaching an up-to-date CV as well as a Cover Letter (both in English) outlining how your skills and experience align with the above requirements and what motivates you to work with Climate Arc in this particular role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the posting will remain open until we find the right person for the role, so we encourage you to submit your application sooner than later.
The application and assessment process will involve the following:
- Application review
- Informal call/meeting with People & Culture Lead (30-45 minutes)
- Assessment of key skills through offline task (no more than 2 hours)
- Formal interview with Hubs Operations Manager & Communications Lead
- Final interview with Chief Executive