Facebook’s Data Center Energy Team is seeking a highly experienced and self-motivated energy professional to identify, develop, negotiate, and manage renewable energy supply solutions for our growing fleet of data centers.The Energy Manager (Renewable Energy) will support the continued development and execution of Facebook’s global energy strategy centered on a supply portfolio of cost competitive clean and renewable energy sources consistent with the company’s overall strategic objectives. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record for developing optimal renewable energy supply solutions by creatively leveraging their skills and significant experience across a spectrum of renewable energy supply issues including project development, finance, commercial, regulatory, market, technical, legal, and tax.
- Lead the identification, creation, development, negotiation, and execution of opportunities to secure new cost competitive sources of renewable energy for Facebook’s operations
- Support domestic and international data center site selection and development activities
- Collaborate with internal organizations including sustainability, legal, tax, engineering, and finance to implement supply solutions
- Develop and grow relationships with key suppliers, developers, regulators, and other stakeholders
- Take an active role in regulatory processes and influence the design of new clean and renewable energy supply solutions offered by utilities and other suppliers
- Support continued evolution and execution Facebook’s renewable energy supply strategy for international and domestic data centers
- Stay informed of the technical, market, and regulatory developments in the renewable energy industry and communicate key trends, risks and potential impacts to management
- Lead and support various energy projects as needed
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed (10% to 15% at times)
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, sustainability, corporate responsibility, or related field
- 8+ years experience in developing, acquiring, performing due diligence, and negotiating definitive agreements for utility scale renewable energy solutions including wind, solar and storage projects
- Experience working with detailed financial models of renewable energy projects, identifying key risks and sensitivities, and leading all related due diligence efforts (financial, commercial, technical, development)
- Experience in managing multiple projects and collaborating with all internal and external stakeholders and consultants
- Experience in utility and grid interconnection processes
- Experience in leading negotiations and projects
- Experience in communicating commercial, regulatory, market, and contractual details to all organizational levels
- MBA or J.D.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected].