- Join a leadership group transforming education and making a difference to students in NSW
- Temporary up to 4 years Senior Executive Band 1 role with a TRP of $216,642 – $240,745.
- Location: Sydney CBD with flexible working options
About UsOur purpose in Education is to equip young people to lead rewarding lives in a complex and fast-changing world. This is important because the learners of today are the foundation of a prosperous Australia tomorrow.To support our young people to thrive, we must ensure we are one of the best education systems in the world. This means building a system focused on student outcomes, and a system that offers a great place to work. Explore the Department of Education website for more information.About The RoleThis role is a critical member of the leadership team responsible for facilitating the implementation of the Department’s sustainability obligations and commitments.The role oversees the delivery of sustainability projects and programs as well as analyses trends, changing community expectations and anticipated policy changes to enhance departmental processes and policies and deliver on the Department’s shared objectives.The role also provides high level strategic advice, recommendations, reporting of outcomes and communications to stakeholders and continuous improvement of the department’s commitment to sustainability.For more details about this role, please click here to view the Role Description.About YouA s a leader you will join an executive team focused on driving improved ways of working to deliver meaningful and long-lasting impact. You will be collaborative, courageous, agile, and disciplined about delivering outcomes for students from early childhood to school, and through pathways to higher learning and work.You are a leader who achieves outstanding results with your people and can bring our values of Service, Excellence, Equity, Accountability, Trust and Integrity into everything you do.We’re building a better education system, one of the highest-performing systems in the world. If you want to make a positive difference to the lives of hundreds of thousands of students, and are excited about embarking on a reform journey, this is the opportunity for you.To Be Successful In This Role, You Will Have
- Demonstrated extensive experience at a senior level in the management of a large complex organisation.
- Understanding and experience with the use of industry sustainability rating tools, performance reporting and measurement frameworks, including but not limited to Green Star.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Hold a valid clearance to work with children (Working with Children Check)
- Knowledge of and commitment to implementing the Department’s Aboriginal Education Policy and upholding the Department’s Partnership Agreement with the NSW AECG and to ensure quality outcomes for Aboriginal people
Interested?To apply for this role, please submit an online application and attach your resume along with a cover letter which describes how your capabilities, knowledge and experience make you the best person for this role.Applications Close: 11:59pm on Friday 28 October 2022Contact: For enquiries about the recr uitment of this role, please email Alysha Valente – [email protected]Please NoteWe welcome applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTQIA+ community, veterans, refugees, and people with disability. If we can make some adjustments to our recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, please contact the Diversity and Inclusion Team ( [email protected] ) or visit NSW Department of Education Diversity and Inclusion .A talent pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and is valid for a period of up to 18 months. Candidates on a talent pool may be chosen and directly offered employment in other or similar roles (ongoing or term) in the near future.