Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: San Francisco, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 15 years of experience in sustainability engagement, developing and leading global sustainability partnerships, coalitions, and platforms
Experience in leadership and in a core area of corporate sustainability (e.g., energy, climate, water, circular economy)
- Experience working in multiple regional markets (e.g., North America, Asia Pacific, EMEA, Latin America)
- Master’s degree
- Experience securing executive support for programs/initiatives and influencing and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience with clean energy, climate change, and corporate sustainability
- Ability to lead multiple campaigns and initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels including executive leadership team, peers, managers, and staff
- Excellent attention to detail and data-driven decision making skills
About the job
As Director of Sustainability Engagement and Partnerships, you will lead a cross-company strategy for Google’s sustainability partnerships and external and internal engagements. You will drive our leadership in key partnerships, coalitions, and corporate sustainability organizations. You will also lead the design and execution of event and engagement strategies that advance sustainability priorities across the company.
Learning is the ongoing quest for understanding, and we made it our mission more than 20 years ago to organize the world’s information to make it universally accessible and useful. The learning landscape is changing, and the Learning and Education team’s mission is to help everyone in the world learn anything in the world. We provide the information, tools, and services that help people gain knowledge, fuel curiosity, and prepare for what’s next. We focus our work to add the most value for users to enable learning for school, work, and life. We believe everyone can and should have access to quality learning experiences to reach their full potential.
- Drive leadership and influence in key partnerships, coalitions, and corporate sustainability organizations in support of the company sustainability strategy, spanning operations to product priorities.
- Provide goals, leadership, and guidance on external engagement strategy and drive internal engagement strategy on sustainability with employees.
- Oversee alignment with communications, policy, marketing teams on messaging, policy alignment, key global sustainability events, and campaigns to advance climate action.
- Develop and manage the partnership dimensions of regional sustainability strategies across APAC, Latin America, and EMEA.
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive governance and decision making around external partnerships and coalitions.