- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in sustainability engagement, developing and leading global sustainability partnerships, coalitions, and platforms
Experience in leadership and in a core area of corporate sustainability (e.g., energy, climate, water, circular economy)
- Experience working in multiple regional markets (e.g., North America, Asia Pacific, EMEA, Latin America)
- Master’s degree
- Experience securing executive support for programs/initiatives and influencing and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience with clean energy, climate change, and corporate sustainability
- Ability to lead multiple campaigns and initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels including executive leadership team, peers, managers, and staff
- Excellent attention to detail and data-driven decision-making skills
About the job
As Director of Sustainability Engagement and Partnerships, you will lead a cross-company strategy for Google’s sustainability partnerships and external and internal engagements. You will drive our leadership in key partnerships, coalitions, and corporate sustainability organizations. You will also lead the design and execution of event and engagement strategies that advance sustainability priorities across the company.
The Global Sustainability team enables Google to build a more sustainable future for everyone by driving strategy and solutions. We drive the development and implementation of Google’s global sustainability strategy to further empower action, ensure alignment and prioritization, identify leadership opportunities, and mitigate risks. We drive sustainability strategy and programs on carbon, circular economy, water, product integration, reporting, and employee engagement, while serving as a sustainability leadership advocate internally and externally.
- Drive leadership and influence in partnerships, coalitions, and corporate sustainability organizations in support of the company sustainability strategy, spanning operations to product priorities.
- Provide goals, leadership, and guidance on external engagement strategy and drive internal engagement strategy on sustainability with employees.
- Oversee alignment with communications, policy, marketing teams on messaging, policy alignment, key global sustainability events, and campaigns to advance climate action.
- Develop and manage the partnership dimensions of regional sustainability strategies across APAC, Latin America, and EMEA.
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive governance and decision-making around external partnerships and coalitions.