WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
ANY MAJOR LOCATION IN CANADA
WSP Canada has an immediate opening for a Decarbonization Analyst to join our national Climate Change, Resilience and Sustainability team as part of our growing ESG practice. This role is primarily focused on supporting the delivery of strategic support to clients with setting Net Zero and Science-based Targets and GHG reduction pathways including developing and implementing action plans. As an Analyst, you will play a key role in conducting analysis and directly supporting Advisors, Directors and Management in project delivery.
You will be part of one of Canada’s largest climate change consulting teams, which includes of climate change engineers, scientists, economists, and policy professionals who support our clients to build a low-carbon and resilient Canada.
This role can be based in any major city centre in Canada, with opportunities to relocate within Canada as your career develops here at WSP.
Our ESG team is growing quickly. Our clients include TSX-60 companies, Fortune 50 companies, large investors, private companies, and private equity funds. Within the Climate Change, Resilience and Sustainability team, our ESG practice focuses on the climate change aspects of the ‘E’, although not to the exclusion of other aspects of E, S, or G.
We are distinct in the market owing to:
- Our technical depth and expertise, in addition to the strategic advisory services we provide.
- The scale of our team – we are the largest pure climate change consulting team in Canada, working with some of the largest investors and companies in the country and the Federal government.
- Our broad client base across IT, finance, real estate, mining, natural resources, infrastructure, public sector, communities, forestry, CPG, and international organizations such as the UN and the Principles for Responsible Investing.
- Our own corporate climate commitments and achievements which include:
- WSP’s Verified Science-Based Targets
- Our leadership in the Business Ambition for 1.5 degrees
- Achieving A– the second-best score, on our CDP submissions in 2019 and 2020
- Being named the “Most Sustainable Company in the Engineering Sector” globally in 2020
Within the Earth & Environment Business Line, our team regularly collaborates with other teams and our colleagues from Buildings, Transportation, Energy, and Infrastructure. You will be part of the global WSP network which means regular collaboration with our Resilience and Sustainability colleagues globally.
We’re growing our team with individuals from diverse backgrounds because we believe in the benefits of diversity of thought, creativity, innovation, new perspectives and ideas – and we want to offer the same to our clients.
We’re a collaborative team with a flexible approach and we offer a wide variety of projects and cross-functional opportunities to work together.
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story – a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide.
- Canada’s leading Climate Change consulting team with over 70 professionals who are constantly innovating and learning.
- Enhance the world around you – from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities – we’re growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we’re open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it’s like to be a part of our journey.
We offer competitive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.