Requisition Posting End Date
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
What We Offer
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the centre of our business promoted though private health cover and access to a leading employee assistance program. Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives.
The mining and metals industry plays a crucial role with copper , lithium , alumina , nickel and gold the raw materials that will enable the transition to electromobility, renewable energy , digitization and smart infrastructure . And as the global population continues to grow, our customers are mining for the key ingredients to boost agricultural productivity and deliver social and economic growth for a better future.
The Decarbonisation Advisor is a newly created role to drive and inform the decarbonisation ambitions of Bechtel’s Mining and Metals (M&M) Global Business Unit (GBU) and our customers, by leading carbon and energy assessment, reduction, and reporting initiatives.
The Decarbonisation Advisor supports the M&M GBU Sustainability Manager in the development of the GBU Carbon Action Plan and decarbonisation innovations to support our customers Net Zero Targets. They will lead the Carbon Action Working group to provide specialist advice on Net Zero initiatives including engineering solutions, circular economies and climate change related issues including carbon assessments, decarbonisation initiatives and carbon reporting.
The role is for an initial 12 month period
What You Bring
- Leads the development of the GBU Carbon Action Plan to support the Enterprise Carbon Action plan and Net Zero targets.
- Leads analysis of climate and carbon markets, relevant to the GBU and compiles reports as required.
- Coordinates the GBU Carbon Action Working group to drive the strategic direction and scope for our decarbonisation service offerings.
- Supports GBU project management and business development teams in the development of emissions reduction and energy improvement programs, leveraging management systems and tools such as CleanBuild™, where appropriate.
- Supports the GBU Carbon Action Working Group and project management collaboration with customers on carbon footprint assessments and emissions reduction pathway development.
- Coordinates of the GBU greenhouse emissions (Scope 1, 2 & 3) and energy reporting, including data compilation, verification and assurance – for internal performance monitoring, and voluntary disclosures.
- Supports the continuous improvement of emissions and energy reporting systems, tools and procedures.
- Reviews and analyses carbon footprint data and develops recommendations for footprint reduction for projects and offices.
- Supports the development of sustainability management plans for projects which align with the customer’s requirements and includes coordinating and implementing carbon assessments and carbon reduction strategies.
- Proven ability to define goals and deliverables, lead, motivate and influence a team of professionals, and implement key programs on time and within budget.
- Good analytical and strategic planning skills: able to prioritize, balance short and long-term priorities and manage simultaneous projects.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Engineering, Sustainability, Carbon and Energy Management, or other relevant (similar) discipline
- Experience in emissions and energy-related roles in industry or consulting
- Experience in corporate climate, emissions and energy reporting in the context of broader strategic climate change drivers and reporting frameworks such as TCFD and GRI.
- Advanced data management and analytical/modelling skills.
- Advanced interpersonal and engagement skills.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, including ability to translate complex technical information into easy to understand stakeholder communications.
- Highly collaborative approach to working with colleagues, customers, and external parties to deliver desired results.
- High level of competency using Microsoft Excel, Power BI and other relevant software tools to support emissions modelling, reporting and data analysis.
- Experience in construction, mining and or resource development highly regarded.
Bechtel’s Vision, Values and Covenants commit us to the ideals of fairness, diversity, inclusion, trust among others. These values help define our culture and the positive impact we aspire to make in the world through our people and projects. At our project sites and offices, we have many colleagues from different nationalities, religions, and backgrounds working together to accomplish amazing things.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military, or veteran, marital or disability status.
Candidates will be appropriately qualified, demonstrate a strong safety focus and value the development and maintenance of client relationships. Sound communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment are essential.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with global opportunities, then this could be the role for you.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.