The Boost Team is structured around four areas of responsibility:
- Office management (onsite office management – see below – and remote office management for smaller EIT Climate-KIC offices).
- Meetings & events support (both virtual and in-person, including taking care of practicalities/ logistics, catering, venue search and set up, event related procurement, support with virtual facilitation set up)
- High workload support (e.g. travel booking, diary management)
- Administrative support (e.g. for C-Level sign off, contracting, people onboarding).
As a team of currently six colleagues, dispersed across several countries, the Boost team distributes tasks amongst team members. When it comes to supporting local offices, each team member looks after one or several offices.
We are looking for a Boost Team member to be based in Copenhagen, one of our fastest growing offices. Next to regular Boost Team tasks in the four areas listed above, the Copenhagen based Boots team member takes specific and significant responsibility for looking after our Copenhagen office and the EIT Climate-KIC colleagues in Denmark. This includes:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Copenhagen office by implementing and maintaining procedures/ office/ administrative systems. Performing a wide range of administrative, clerical, financial and managerial duties, looking after the health & safety protocol.
- Setting up and coordinating the range of local suppliers for e.g. office supplies, catering, event spaces including undertaking procurement and ensuring we adhere to highest standards of minimal waste and low emissions policies.
- Supporting EIT Climate-KIC events which are taking place in Copenhagen/ at the Copenhagen office (“on the ground work”) with the aim to ensure smooth logistics.
- Interaction with other EIT Climate-KIC offices and colleagues across Europe, and relationship building with the co-working community at our office location, local authorities, challenge owners and EIT Climate-KIC partners and alumni.
- Being the go-to point in the Copenhagen office for visitors of all seniority levels as well as colleagues on a daily basis.
- Dealing with correspondence, complaints and queries and delegating them accordingly withing EIT Climate-KIC.
- Providing ICT support for shared equipment, individual computers and guests to ensure the smooth functioning of our digital infrastructure.
- Being responsible for monitoring office expenditure and producing monthly reports on this, ensuring Copenhagen budgets are adhered to by reconciling accounts on a regular basis
- Providing advice to Copenhagen based colleagues on travel and available options that fit the appropriate budget framework and climate impact ambitions.
Key Working Relationships
The Boost Team works as a closely knit, self-directed, virtual team, part of our Enabling Services function and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. The team is collaborating with teams and functions across the whole organisation especially when it comes to meeting and event management. Beyond that, key relationships include
- Directorate/ CEO Office
- Tech team and external tech support
- Finance Team
- People Team
You are passionate about making a critical contribution with your skills to EIT Climate-KIC’s mission of making a positive impact on climate change through systemic innovation. You are able and willing to thrive in a fast-changing environment that requires multitasking.
- · Co-ordination and workload management: the Boost Team works across the organisation, covering many different tasks, managed through the Salesforce service desk system. You will need to be comfortable in coordinating tasks with colleagues, and in managing a high number of tasks simultaneously. Flexibility and ability to re-prioritize work to adapt to changing external demands is important. You will need to have a proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines with an ability to maintain high levels of quality and accuracy in work, including in highly time-sensitive situations that require you to multi-task.
- Communication: you will be working with people from many different cultures, expertise and experience across the organization and its community, working remotely and leading team calls. You will need to show significant cross-culture competence.
- Collaboration: you will work across many different teams in the organisation, often at times of pressure. Working in collaboration means understanding the needs of the people you are working with, and ensuring they understand your needs.
- Event Management/ Project Management: Setting up events, whether virtual or physical takes a lot of co-ordination and understanding the needs of your “customer”. There are hard deadlines to work to, and multiple parties internally and externally to work with. Meeting and workshop coordination experience would be an advantage.
- Relationship Management: Building and maintaining effective cross-organisational working relationships as a business partner will underpin your success. As Office Manager and front of house for Climate-KIC’s headquarters you will be expected to build warm, curious, supportive relationships with a variety of professionals, team members and stakeholders at all levels, demonstrating excellent networking, listening and intercultural skills.
- Negotiation: There are rarely easy answers in what we do. The combination of innovation ambition and grant funding terms and conditions creates tension. Negotiating through this and reaching solutions that enable us to achieve our innovation objectives and at the same time work within our budgets and use practical solutions requires excellent negotiation.
- Office management: prior experience of office management is essential. But in any case, we will need an excellent command of written and spoken English and Danish; demonstrable experience of planning and using initiative to improve operational efficiency; good computer literacy (Microsoft suite, Google suite, Miro, Mentimeter, as minimum) and excellent organisational skills.
Qualities, Personal Style, and Approach
- · Self-motivated, driven and proactive
- · Well presented, with a bright, confident personality
- · Ability to act independently and make decisions without supervision; to act on own initiative and use judgement and discretion
- · Ability to command the respect and cooperation of a wide range of professionals
- · Ability to work flexibly within a new and changing environment
- · Commitment to and enthusiasm for the mission of EIT Climate-KIC