Your next role
Buro Happold’s newly formed Digital Advisory team focuses on delivering technology and information transformation to clients to enhance their financial, environmental and social performance (the triple-bottom-line).
Our projects vary considerably; from defining the smart city technologies that will transform the resident, worker or visitor experience, to developing a sophisticated data-driven 3D model of a university campus to determine the most effective route to net zero carbon, to outlining the team, processes and policies required for our clients to manage data quickly and securely… However, all our projects have engineering or ‘real-world asset’ expertise at their core and it is that, with our relentless focus on the triple-bottom-line, that makes us unique.
The team works across a range of consulting areas including strategy, business case development, program management, data, governance, solution development, innovation and change management. We are looking for consultants who want to collaborate with other offices, our experts in design, and technologists internally and externally to make a real-world difference.
- Consulting directly with clients, advising on a broad range of AEC technology that will enable them to meet their operational and efficiency goals, and leading the development of technical deliverables from brief through to specification, tender support, and soft landings.
- Working on a broad range of projects to support other disciplines and lead the integrated design of technology including production of design deliverables.
- Providing support & training to engineering teams in Integrated systems design.
- Supporting work-winning and the development of our Smart Buildings /campus & Building Diagnostics service offers.
- Contributing to the development of design tools & processes.
- Mentoring and supporting junior staff in the team.
Your skills & experience
- Experience working as a Smart Buildings Consultant / Engineer, ideally within the UK.
- Familiarity with the wider industry markets, and trends in technology adoption.
- Able to effectively understand and communicate the architecture of technology integration in written documentation including specification methods.
- Experienced in the procurement and commissioning processes and able to witness and validate outcomes.
- Excellent computer and IT skills, including office suite.
- Self-motivated to identify tasks and more effective/efficient ways of delivering value to our clients.
- Relevant qualifications, ideally accompanied with evidence of progress towards professional registration with a relevant body (e.g., CIBSE).
Attributes for success
- Integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
- Ability to analyse information and deliver insightful, practical client-oriented insights or recommendations.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team to understand the needs from a technology and digital perspective.
- Ability to clearly articulate your thoughts, ideas, and develop a point of view about your work.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
- The confidence to build lasting and trusted relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and with defined timelines and milestones.
What we offer
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Brand new office at the Featherstone Building, located near Old Street station.
- Generous pension contribution of 10% (based on 5% contribution from you), life assurance and income protection.
- Flexible benefits including cycle scheme, dental insurance, optical cover, travel insurance, season ticket loans, and corporate discounts
- Enhanced parenthood leave policies.
- 3pm finish on the last Friday of the month.
- A strong commitment to continuous development. Whatever stage in your career, we have a learning and development programme that will enable and empower you.
- Entitlement to two memberships to professional bodies or subscriptions.
- A commitment to your wellbeing through a comprehensive employee assistance programme and wellbeing activities.
- An opportunity to support your local community and those in society that are most in need, wherever they are located in the world through our Share Our Skills (SOS) programme.
- A supportive and inclusive environment that will welcome you through social and outreach activities from the Young Employees Forum to mentoring.