The orchestrator/facilitator will be in charge of:
- offering the services provided by the Spanish platform of cities.
- taking care of the ecosystem.
- facilitating spaces for interaction and participation of the different actors involved in the platform.
- carrying out the technical secretariat of the working groups.
- organizing and facilitating work meetings and events .
- updating the Executive Committee of the platform on project status when needed.
- promoting synergies with EIT Climate-KIC programmes that can contribute to the platform objectives and results.
Key Working Relationships
The colleague will be in contact with the different stakeholders involved the platform, in particular with Spanish cities.
The orchestrator/facilitator will facilitate and connect the initiatives of different levels of work:
- European level: follow the work of NetZeroCities programme and connect all learnings and services with the Spanish national platform. Facilitate collaboration with other European networks (Viable Cities in Sweden and eventual new national platforms).
- Spanish level: Coordinate the offer of multi-city services and ensure multi-actor collaboration in all activities. Facilitate the relationship with the European and local level.
- Local level: at City level and links City-University. Support the development of local platforms with special emphasis on the symbiosis between the city and the local university. Ensure knowledge transfer from national/European scale to local scale and sensemaking of different local actors.
Additionally, the orchestrator/facilitator will cooperate with other teams in EIT Climate-KIC to generate connections and synergies that can contribute to the objectives of the platform.
To be successful in this role you need to have the skills and competencies of the functions required, such as: knowledge of the ecosystem of actors in Spain and their incentives, oral and written communication, as well as the ability to synthesize and skills to lead meetings and resolve conflicts. You should be a good team player.
It is strongly recommended to have knowledge about the EU Missions – in particular, the European Mission for Climate Neutral and Smart Cities – and the context of urban transformation in Spain in recent years.
Additionally, you should have technical skills related to the transformation of cities towards climate neutrality: specialized knowledge in building rehabilitation, nature-based solutions, experience in regulatory innovation processes or urban planning.
Furthermore, knowledge about the Spanish context in terms of regulation and governance will be appreciated.
- Holding a Master degree.
- Complementary education related to climate topics will be highly appreciated.
- 3+ years of experience in facilitation and orchestration of multi-stakeholder initiatives.
- Experience working on National / European projects or initiatives related to urban transformation.
- Spanish: mother tongue or full professional proficiency.
- English: fluent and with strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong ability to build positive and fruitful relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, and manage relationships. Ability to build trust.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, inspire and motivate people.
- Oriented toward networking with people and teams and sharing expertise.
- Planning, organisation, coordination, multitasking, problem solving and prioritisation skills.
- Comfort and confidence working at systems levels, working in areas of complexity with multiple partners and relationships.
- Experience or willingness to work with collaborative IT applications (Office365, Microsoft Teams, as well as Miro, Zoom, Mentimeter etc.)
Qualities, Personal Style and Approach
- Curious with a learning mindset
- Pro-active with a drive for problem-solving
- Resilient to uncertainty an evolving internal and external landscape
- Generouse and willing to work in teams
- Adaptive leadership skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
The successful candidate will be based in Madrid, Spain. Travel may be required occasionally for the role. Candidates must have the right to work in the EU prior to applying for the position.