- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Sustainable Business, a related degree (e.g., biology, chemistry), or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in a circular economy area (e.g., strategy, waste reduction, recycling, critical minerals, electronics) in a corporate setting.
- 5 years of experience in program management.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Sustainable Business, or a related degree (e.g., biology, chemistry).
- 10 years of experience in a circular economy area, including corporate strategy, waste reduction, recycling technology, critical minerals, circular economy measurement techniques, and life cycle assessment.
- Experience in measuring scope 3 emissions reductions potential, ideally through circular economy activities (e.g., demand reduction, reuse, recycling).
- Experience in developing critical minerals footprints.
- Excellent written, verbal, and people management skills to clearly communicate technical concepts with non-technical audiences.
About the job
The Global Sustainability Team enables Google to build a more sustainable future for everyone by leading strategy and catalyzing solutions at scale. We lead sustainability strategy and programs on carbon, circular economy, water, product solutions, reporting, and employee engagement.
As the Circular Economy Program Manager, you will partner with internal teams to expand our leadership in the circular economy through operational waste reduction, resource reuse, recycling efforts, and managing opportunities to achieve the company’s 2030 carbon emissions goals. You will develop and execute research, case studies, and analyses that define opportunities for circularity.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $149,000-$236,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
- Accelerate the adoption and implementation of waste elimination, reduction, reuse, and recycling efforts for strategic material streams. Track progress over time across all Google product areas (PAs).
- Develop the key performance indicators (KPIs), metrics, and data pipelines to quantify waste reduction, elimination activities, and support data acquisition and analysis as needed.
- Partner with teams across Google to quantify and reduce carbon emissions using circular economy strategies.
- Lead circular economy analyses, programs, and initiatives in areas impacted by critical minerals that may include research, recycling technologies, and sourcing.
- Participate in industry-wide working groups creating circular economy methodologies and standards. Support the creation and publication of thought leadership content.