Chief Financial Officer/MASS.
MASS Design Group Ltd. was founded on the belief that architecture’s reach extends beyond individual buildings. We were honored with the 2022 AIA Architecture Firm Award for our mission of furthering justice and human dignity through design. Headquartered in Boston, we operate internationally. We are looking for a mission-driven CFO who brings a systems-oriented, innovative, and visionary approach to the organization’s senior leadership.
As a member of senior leadership, the CFO will oversee all organizational finances and key controls, lead new system design and change management, and will provide leadership for a dedicated support team and operations management as well as mentorship for design project managers. The CFO will report to the Executive Leadership Team and work closely with a motivated and engaged governance committee of MASS Managing Directors/Senior Principals.
The position is hybrid, ideally headquartered in our Boston office, and will require national and international travel.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Partner with Senior Principals/Managing Directors (Senior Leadership) on all financial and strategic issues as they arise.
- Provide strategic recommendations to Senior Leadership based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Oversee and deploy unrestricted resources and develop strategies for engaging principals in its strategic deployment, maximizing financial, social and internal returns on investment.
- Consult with the Directors of Business Development and Advancement to align financial management with short- and long-term financial planning and projections.
- Engage the board finance committee around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model and operational delivery.