Brussels-based intern for February 2023/Green Party
Call for applicants:
Brussels-based Intern in office of MEP Ciarán Cuffe, starting February 2023
Ciarán Cuffe, Member of the European Parliament for Dublin, Ireland, is hiring an intern to work in his Brussels office. If you are an organised, motivated individual with an interest in Ciarán’s work in the European Parliament then we would love to hear from you!
The applicant must be legally allowed to work in Belgium, and be prepared to begin work in Brussels from February 2023. The position is full-time and paid at a gross amount of €1,374 per month (the maximum allowance). The internship can last 3 – 5 months.
Description of tasks (non-exhaustive)
- Assisting staff in writing briefing notes and speeches
- Research as assigned by MEP and other staff
- Attending meetings/events and taking notes
- Event planning and management
- Assisting the Communications Manager with monitoring media and social media
- Administrative tasks (e.g. filing emails, entries to MEP’s calendar, recording meetings)
- Other tasks as required
Desired experience and skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Knowledge of, or strong interest in learning about, EU institutions and legislative procedures
- Demonstrated interest in at least one of the MEP’s committees or interest areas
- Such as the ITRE, TRAN or REGI committees, climate action, renewable energies, energy efficient buildings, sustainable transport, urban spaces etc.
- Experience in the following will be considered a plus:
- Independent research
- Administrative work
- To apply, please send the following:
- 1-page CV and a 1-page cover letter to [email protected]
- Please note CVs or cover letters exceeding one page each will be discounted!
- The deadline for applying is 5:00 pm CET Monday 16 January 2023.
- Interviews will take place via zoom during the week of 23 January 2023.