Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, ESG Assurance Carbon Accounting Specialist to join our Audit team with the KPMG Delivery Network. KPMG Delivery Network (KDN) is a KPMG special purpose member firm offering a way for clients to leverage KPMG top talent and technology platforms through regional teams of specialists, enabling economies of scale and a new way of working that expands beyond local capability organization.
- Represent KPMG and build the assurance brand from an international perspective
- Participate and partially manage ESG assurance engagements, including report assurance, readiness services and other assurance related activities with a focus on Carbon Accounting subject matter expertise
- Build capacity within the member firms through training and knowledge sharing; enable member firm teams to work in compliance with the latest legislation and frameworks to ensure teams are up to date on developments on frameworks and requirements
- Identify opportunities for KDN process improvement and standardization including work paper development and explore ways to make the process more effective and supporting the development of methodology and (standardized) working papers
- Serve as a champion for the KDN ESG Assurance program
- Communicate effectively with executive partners to engender support and excitement for the benefits of KDN ESG Assurance while addressing potential roadblocks
- Minimum eight years of recent and significant experience in sustainability assurance or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with a relevant business discipline essential or equivalent work experience, CPA or similar accreditation is preferred
- Experience of assurance/audit work and the ability to apply this expertise from this perspective
- Knowledge of relevant frameworks and the international regulatory and policy context, specifically knowledge and experience of working with the GHG Protocol Scope 1, 2 and 3
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills; the position requires you to work with multiple teams and clients in an international context, meaning easy adaption to different international and cultural environments is required
- Experience working with offshore teams and/or collaborating on special initiatives