S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. The S&P Environmental Solutions group provides innovative infrastructure solutions and services to grow environmental markets. This includes facilitating the implementation of new environmental markets, helping existing markets evolve and mature, enabling connectivity between markets and fostering data transparency and efficiency. The successful candidate will work in the environmental team at Commodity Insights reporting directly to the Director of Product Analysis and Design.
This role facilitates the implementation of new environmental markets, helping existing markets evolve and mature, enabling connectivity between markets and fostering data transparency and efficiency.
The successful candidate will work in the Environmental Solutions team at Commodity Insights reporting directly to the Director of Product Analysis and Design.
What’s in it for you:
This role will require working closely with the supporting Product, Operations, and Technology teams as well as clients. The candidate will work independently to deliver based on defined timelines, have analytical skills to examine and evaluate complex datasets, and possess strong communication skills in order to collaborate across internal teams and with the client.
As a Carbon Reference Data Product Manager, you will:
- Work with standard bodies to capture their core data set as well as their additional benefits and certifications to feed into our Meta Registry ™
- Facilitate the implementation of our core and enhanced reference data product
- Identify anomalies and mitigate data management related risks
- Will participate in the creation of reference identifiers as it relates to Meta Registry ™
- Support meetings with clients and internal stakeholders on reference data
- Draft and coordinate external and internal communication
- Work closely with Business Analyst, Ontologist and Operations Team
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience with reference data and identifiers
- Experience in carbon markets and registry data a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Personal impact
- Ability to create a vision and execute on it
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 12
The Location: New York, NY, Houston, TX, London, UK, Hybrid environment
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $100,000 to commensurate with experience. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits.