Due to exceptional growth in demand for our services we are currently recruiting for an Associate Director with a track record of supporting businesses to develop and implement evidence-based and credible strategies towards net zero, to join our Carbon & ESG practice.
Our Carbon & ESG practice has a well-deserved reputation with FTSE100 and Fortune500 clients, governments, financial institutions, infrastructure owners and operators for net zero, resilience and ESG technical advisory services. Specially for net zero, we support clients to understand how future climate impacts and the transition to net zero needs to be considered at a project, business, sectoral and city level. We produce robust carbon footprints as well as reduction plans and routemaps for enterprises, projects and products as well as infrastructure assets, businesses, cities, and urban master plans. This role will be to focus on growing carbon and net zero related services with AECOM’s FTSE100 and Fortune500 clients in industrials, manufacturing, FMCG, chems/pharmas, and financial services predominantly working at an enterprise level.
It is an exciting time for AECOM. Since the launch of our global Sustainable Legacies strategy, reflecting the increased urgency to take action on climate change and sustainability, we have continued to see a significant increase in demand in this area from our clients and the wider business; and the interest is only growing. This advertised role is to support this growth and be part of our journey as we transition to a more sustainable future alongside our clients. It you are passionate about helping organisations transition to a resilient net zero future and integrate ESG into their decision making and support the leadership of a growing team, then get in touch for your next career move.
We are seeing an increase in demand to identify and implement low carbon and net zero pathways and solutions as we move towards a net zero future. This covers a wide variety of areas from carbon accounting, science-based target setting, net zero/low carbon strategy and implementation plans and credible offsetting strategies.,
The successful candidate(s) will be expected to:
- Strengthen our position as a leader in carbon accounting and net zero strategy delivery across a range of sectors including (industrials, manufacturing, FMCG, chems/pharmas, and financial services) both in the UK and across the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region.
- Working with the leadership of the Carbon & ESG practice and wider business to support the further development and expansion of our net zero transition implementation services.
- Contribute to the delivery of our ambitious business plan; growing our share of the market in low carbon/net zero delivery by winning work with new/existing clients in the UK.
- Lead and deliver commercially successful projects that maintain the high-quality professional outputs that we are known for.
- Develop talent within the team through line management and mentoring and support the upskilling of our colleagues in both technical and business skills.
- You will be supported by your line manager with regular mentoring and in continuing your professional development with training and support for chartership.
The successful candidate(s) will work collaboratively to deliver a range of low carbon/net zero projects, as well as supporting senior leaders in the practice and wider Environment & Sustainability Business Unit to grow the practice. We work from a range of our UK offices and are proud to have our Freedom to Grow programme which supports flexible working.
We are looking for established practitioners with the following:
- Highly experienced in full Scope 1, 2 and 3 carbon accounting including across complex multi-national organisations and a strong understanding in the application of key standards and guidelines. Experience in creating credible and evidence-based net zero and decarbonisation strategies and supporting businesses to develop and deliver implementation plans across scope 1, 2 and 3 greenhouse gas emission sources.
- Demonstrated delivery of strong technical and commercial decarbonisation outcomes and projects for FTSE100 and Fortune500 clients in industrials, manufacturing, FMCG, chems/pharmas, and financial services
- Technical knowledge and / or training in a relevant field, such environment and sustainability, or environmental engineering.
- Demonstratable knowledge on current UK/EU policy, legislation and guidance and wider best practice on carbon management, reporting, target setting and reduction (such as PAS2080:2023, SBTi, TCFD, etc)
- An understanding of implementing credible carbon offsetting / nature-based solutions.
- A desire to deliver technical excellence.