Pre-Commercial Procurement Workshops 2023/
Date:22 March, 2023
The PROTECT project is thrilled to announce the launch of its very own training curriculum on Innovation procurement and climate services. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to explore how climate adaptation and mitigation can be supported through innovation procurement.
PROTECT’s curriculum will explore the wide range and scope of climate services and provide a comprehensive overview of the practical and advanced aspects of pre-commercial procurement in this field. The aim of the curriculum is to provide public procurers on EU, national, regional, and local levels with practical guidance and advice on how to effectively utilize innovation procurement to address their climate-related issues.
The webinars will answer key questions such as:
- What do we mean by “innovation procurement” and why should I leverage this to address my climate and non-climate issues?’
- Can climate services help both with ‘climate’ and ‘non-climate’ needs in a co-benefit approach?
In this setting, several domains of Climate Services will be explored, such as Energy and Utilities, Urban, Marine and Coastal, Agriculture, Forestry and Land Use, and Civil Security and Protection.
The curriculum is divided into several webinars, four of which will take place this Spring (March and April) and six in the Fall of 2023.
22nd March: Introduction to Innovation procurement: PCP and PPI
23rd March: Exploring the wide range and scope of climate services
4th April: Practical aspects of PCP
5th April: Matching climate services to climate targets and broader needs
Stay tuned for the dates!
Some of the learning objectives of the PROTECT webinar curriculum are to:
- Provide an understanding of the practical and advanced aspects of Innovation Procurement, including the distinction between Pre-Commercial Procurement (PPC) and Public Procurement of Innovative solutions (PPI)
- Familiarize the public procurers with the wide range and scope of climate services;
- Answer key questions such as ‘why should we care about climate services’ and ‘what do we mean by climate services’?’
- Explore the relevance of Pre-commercial procurement in various domains of climate services such as Energy and Utilities, Urban, Marine and Coastal, Agriculture, Forestry and Land Use, and Civil Security and Protection (addressed by the webinars in Autumn – stay tuned!)