Emerging Concepts for Sustainable Built Environment/
Date:23 November, 2022
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Organizers want to pay attention to environmental aspects and thus the SBEfin2022 Helsinki Conference will be organized virtually.
Virtual conference means:
- Using our conference platform you can network and interact with other participants and speakers from your home or office
- 1-2-1 messages and video calls are available and you can see who is attending.
- You can also schedule meetings with other participants
- the speakers are available to reach via the platform also, the discussion can continue after the presentations
Wider Group of Audience
- As the conference is not tied to a certain location, we can reach bigger audience from all over the globe.
Access the material 24/7 for 60 days
- You can watch the presentations and access the material 24/7. All the sessions will be recorded and the recordings will be available in the platform
- Platform will stay online after the event for 60 days so you can continue to watch the presentations and network!
About the conference
The world is becoming increasingly urbanised. Global material use is expected to more than double by 2060, and the materials used in the building and construction sector will comprise a third of this rise. Greenhouse gas emissions will also increase because of material use.
Economic growth in construction and utilities is expected to increase by over 2,5 times between 2011 and 2060. Based on current trends, it is estimated that the total waste generated in the world will double from nearly 2 billion tonnes in 2016 to about 4 billion tonnes by 2050.
Such trends call for an urgent questioning of current ways of planning, developing and operating built environments. Present practices are often still locked into linear ways of extracting nature’s resources and producing waste. It is exigent to consider alternative approaches through which mitigation and adaptation goals may be achieved simultaneously while supporting sustainable businesses. Circular approaches present viable alternatives to underpin the transition to a decarbonised world while at the same time meeting the goals of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
SBEfin2022 Helsinki Conference on emerging concepts for sustainable built environment presents novel concepts on inclusive and resilient cities, circular neighbourhoods, responsibly sourced materials, construction value chain and calls for new skills and new businesses. The Conference provides Special tracks for focused workshops and tackling relevant challenges.
The papers will be reviewed according to the themes where they are submitted. The sessions will, however, be organized based on the topics of the papers so that the discussions in each session have a fluent flow even across scales. It means that e.g. circular neighbourhood and circular product presentations can be placed in the same session.