Date:8 June, 2023
Organiser:Ecocity World Summit 2023
The pioneer global conference on sustainable cities arrives to London in June 2023. Join us for the largest to date Ecocity World Summit! We have a range of registration types and fees available.
- Join in the urgent conversations around the future of our cities
- Network with fellow architects, planners, developers, policymakers and academics
- Engage with global industry thought leaders and keynotes – more being announced!
- Explore London through exclusive building and area tours
- Discover new ideas and approaches in city-making during the London Festival of Architecture
- Access a specially curated exhibition programme at the Barbican Centre
- Contribute to legacy projects for the communities in London
WHO IS ECOCITY FOR?
Ecocity is for those who want to join us in inspiring a new generation of city-makers that care for the environment and promote diversity and accessibility to the industry.
Network with global attendees from the following sectors:
- Policy Makers
- NGOs & Charity Representatives
ONE DAY REGISTRATION
Needing more flexible ways to be part of Ecocity 2023? We are offering day tickets where you can choose the day that is most convenient for you. A wide range of high-profile global speakers, including policymakers, activists, designers and academics, will provide inspiring and provoking views about the future of our cities and communities.
Here are the programme highlights for each day:
TUESDAY 6TH JUNE
Join us for the opening day of the summit! Hear from leading voices in ecology and cities including Carlos Moreno, Saskia Sassen, Sadie Morgan and Delton Chen among others. A day with many networking opportunities including the opening reception at the iconic Barbican Conservatory.
- City Dialogues: 15-min City
- Net-zero by 2030
- Communities in action
- Informal architecture: The role of communities in the Global South
WEDNESDAY 7TH JUNE
On the second day, the conference programme will explore alternative strategies and actions to create more ecological, resilient and inclusive cities to live. A unique opportunity to hear from renowned architect Norman Foster about the challenges of urbanisation and sustainability.
- Retrofit: challenges and opportunities
- What is the future of the countryside?
- Design of the workplace
- Realising a waste-free world: Eliminate, circulate, regenerate
- Norman Foster in conversation
THURSDAY 8TH JUNE
On the closing day, we will delve deeper into a curated selection of projects from across the globe, inspiring us to create better cities and stronger communities. A day joining leading voices such as humanitarian architect Yasmeen Lari, celebrated engineer Prof. Hanif Kara, and former United Nations’ Chief Scientist, Joseph Alcamo. The day progamme will wrap up with a closing party to network with other delegates.
- Climate Migrants: Self-reliant communities after natural disasters
- Digital initiatives for ecological cities
- Rewilding the city: designing with non-humans
- Housing for an ecological age