We are seeking a visionary sustainability practitioner to lead our Sustainability & Physics team in Manchester. This is key role will see you leading teams, projects, work-winning, and engaging directly with clients to solve their sustainability challenges.
We value flexible working and welcome applications from those who are seeking this in their careers.
More about the role…
As the leader of our small but growing team in Manchester, you will lead our multidisciplinary sustainability offering in the North West market, working with a diverse range of clients including developers, architects, and asset owners/operators.
You will also partner closely with other senior leaders in Manchester and further afield to support or lead work-winning activities.
While collaboration with colleagues across the UK is vital (our team includes specialists in sustainable masterplanning, circular economy, social value, ESG consulting, energy planning, and more), you will also have a mandate to recruit and cultivate expertise within the Manchester office.
- Expand our Sustainability offering in the regional market, building on the success of our UK and Manchester business, aligned with the strategic direction of the wider team and business.
- Provide advisory services to clients, understanding their sustainability challenges and proposing innovative solutions that leverage Buro Happold’s multidisciplinary expertise.
- Lead projects, manage individuals, and contribute to the overall regional strategy for the Manchester office.
- Proactively seek out and secure new business streams and clients, with a primary focus on the North West market.
- Foster connections and integration between primary disciplines (MEP, Structures, Cities, Environment, and Energy) and sustainability consultancy, ensuring a fully integrated, holistic approach to sustainability for our clients.
- Raise the profile of Buro Happold as a leading provider of sustainability consultancy services in the North West market.
- Collaborate actively with the Global Sustainability Partner and sustainability teams across the practice (e.g., US, Europe, etc.).
- Cultivate and retain an innovative, diverse, and talented team, fostering their happiness and growth.
Your skills & experience:
- Proven track record in sustainability consultancy within the built environment sector.
- A well-established network of clients and collaborators.
- Experience working closely with end-user clients (Operators/Owners) to tackle their sustainability challenges.
- Previous experience in a line management role.
- Demonstrable ability to combine technical and sustainability strategies as commercial solutions for clients.
- Relevant qualifications.
What we offer:
- Performance-linked bonus scheme.
- Hybrid working and international remote working for up to 4 weeks per year.
- Parental leave, up to six months on full salary.
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays and flexible leave.
- Employer pension contribution of 10% (5% employee contribution)
- Life assurance and income protection
- Flexible Benefits – cycle to work, retail discounts, etc.