RKD www.rkd.ie is organised as a limited company with offices in Dublin, Cork, Waterford, and Belgium. The practice employs a team of over 160 talented skilled professionals across a wide range of disciplines, united by a passion for design quality and the common aspiration to deliver the most effective solutions to achieve the very best outcomes for our Clients. At the core of our design philosophy is the belief that each project and every site requires an exceptional solution in a unique context, rather than following a house style.
From the outset, our collective focus and strategic thinking enables us to design and realise architecture that works. We have a rich legacy dating back to our formation in 1913 and since then, we’ve established ourselves as one of the most diverse and effective architecture firms in Europe.
Design connects and unifies our multi-sector approach. Our skilled team of experienced professionals collaborate to deliver projects which range in terms of type and complexity. Our approach to every project is informed by design principles relating to simplicity, sustainability, efficiency, aesthetics and innovation.
Design thinking is at the heart of how we work. The desire for continuous innovation continues to drive our people and inspire our clients today. For RKD, ‘design thinking’ goes much deeper than the visual appearance of the project. It means a fresh approach to problem-solving. It means delivering the most practical solutions to bring your vision to life.
Working across multiple sectors and with various specialities including masterplanning and urban design, space planning, interior design, accredited sustainability expertise and the delivery of a full architecture / engineering service, RKD has a clear understanding of market requirements, both in Ireland and the international destinations in which it provides services with current projects in Europe and Africa.
Descriptions of roles to be filled
RKD Architects are seeking to recruit a sustainability consultant for our Dublin, Cork and Gent, Belgium or Malaga, Spain offices.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead and facilitate the integrated design process and assist our clients and design teams to set ambitious goals for energy performance, sustainability, wellbeing, and certifications
- Advise clients, design teams, and team members of high-performance building strategies that will contribute to their successful pursuit of goals such as certification under LEED, Living Building Challenge, WELL, Fitwel, Passive House, Zero Carbon Building Standard
- Demonstrate knowledge of building envelope, lighting, and building mechanical systems including the ability to propose concepts for high performance buildings and describe benefits for energy, GHG, cost savings, and thermal comfort
- Work on a portfolio of sustainability consulting projects across Ireland and the EU and supervise the work of other sustainability consultants
- Execute whole building Life Cycle Assessments, materials comparison studies and advise clients on whole life carbon using OneClick LCA or EC3.
- Build and maintain a high level of knowledge of industry developments and trends related to energy and building performance; provide thought leadership through chapter membership and conference presentations
- Be a vocal contributor to policy body sustainability initiatives including Carbon Neutral operations, 2030 commitments, 2050 commitment, climate action plans, taxonomies,
- Contribute to a green culture in the workplace and provide support and mentorship to our team of intermediate and junior professionals as they build their own knowledge
The successful Candidate
- You have 5-8 years of industry experience in architecture, engineering, real estate, or construction, with a focus on sustainability consulting and integrated design
- You have earned a bachelor’s degree or diploma in architecture, engineering, building science, architectural/engineering technology, environmental science, or a comparable field.
- You have the LEED Accredited Professional with specialty or WELL AP credential
- You have demonstrated proficiency in project management and effectively tracking progress, targets, milestones, budget, and schedule
- You demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with design team members; ability to effectively manage a portfolio of projects in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- You are passionate about sustainability and understand the foundational concepts of sustainable buildings including energy performance, material selection, and the integrated design process
- You are intimately familiar with the design and construction process, including knowledge of construction document sets and construction administration
- You have been responsible for the delivery of green building projects of varying types and scales, including several years of experience with LEED or WELL
Salary / Benefits
Basic salary commensurate with experience and location
Additional benefits include; Pension Scheme, Private Health Insurance, Travel Allowance, Bike to Work Scheme and Discretionary Annual Bonus.
Apply to: [email protected]