Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, advisors and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigour to shape a better world.
The Sustainability team within Buildings London provides strategic advice to a range of clients on sustainability in the built environment, including developing sustainability strategies for masterplans and individual buildings. This includes the development of bespoke sustainability targets and implementation plans for individual projects, analysis of energy use and embodied carbon impacts and process improvement to support better sustainability outcomes. Increasingly these strategies include development of pathways to Net Zero Carbon both at masterplan and building level, and analysis of the embodied carbon impacts of our projects.
This opportunity is for a consultant or engineer to join our growing team. You will be responsible for delivering sustainability analysis and advice, and environmental assessments, across a range of projects. You will review project details and develop targets for sustainability, as well as reviewing projects on a monthy basis. You will also procide advice and guidance to clients and projects teams. The role includes the following:
- Take day-to-day responsibility for the delivery of sustainability consulting projects, including bespoke strategies as well as assessment methodologies including LEED, BREEAM, WELL, HQM, and projects associated with developing clients aspirations towards Zero Carbon
- Review documentation provided by project teams, assess this against the project’s targets and provide feedback or follow-up.
- Set up and maintain projects on online tracker systems such as Tracker-Plus and LEED Online.
- Communicate sustainability requirements to internal and external team members.
- Attend site visits to review progress against sustainability/wellness targets
- Assist in preparing bids and proposals for new work.
- Engage with skills networks to exchange best practice and processes..
- Complete relevant training to become certified as an assessor/AP against one of the team’s core assessment methodologies.
- Degree qualified in Civil, Structural, Architectural or other relevant discipline, ideally to Masters level.
- Graduate member of an appropriate professional institution and be working towards achieving full corporate membership and CEnv or CEng status
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Different people share different values
At Arup, we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. Arup hires people with proven skills and open minds. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world.
At Arup, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic. Our internal employee networks – BAME, Culture, Disability, LGBTQ+ and Women – provide a space for you to express your views and to make a positive difference – discover more about life at Arup here.
At Arup, we are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. Please speak to our recruitment team and we will work with you to make reasonable adjustments to ensure you can perform at your best throughout your application.
At Arup, we appreciate that everyone’s circumstances are different and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our wellbeing. If flexibility matters to you let us know when you apply, and we will discuss how this could work in your role.
Our Application Process
To understand what to expect next, please visit our UK Application Process page
Stay safe online – Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process