We are looking for a Senior Sustainability Consultant to join our team to help us deliver on our Green Building Certification services and more!
- Remote working
- Flexible hours
- 25 days annual leave per year (bank holidays excluded) plus 3 days over xmas
- Medical Insurance
- NEST Pension contribution
- Discretionary annual bonus linked to business profitability
- Super friendly team!
WHO WE ARE
We are a dynamic team of sustainability professionals with a varied background. Our aim is to create value for property owners, occupiers and the environment with clear, unambiguous advice.
We provide Green Building Certification services and expert energy & whole life carbon advice.
We support and challenge each other to make sure we never stop learning.
We don’t hesitate to challenge our clients where we feel the best environmental outcomes ultimately align to good long term business outcomes.
- Undertaking a range of environmental assessments using third-party assessment methodologies such as BREEAM, LEED, SKA, Fitwel and WELL.
- Engage with a range of developers, architects, engineers, contractors & manufacturers.
- Conducting feasibility reviews and providing design advice and gap analysis reports.
- Producing planning reports and providing advice and guidance to clients and project teams.
- Attending site visits to review progress against sustainability targets.
- Arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes and distributing actions.
- Managing own workload to meet project deadlines.
- Be responsible for own personal and professional development with support from senior team
- Assisting with expanding our client base pitches and tenders.
- Support graduates with their development.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing across Verte and assist improve processes across Verte.
- Contribute towards wider the sustainability brief, including embodied carbon, circular economy and planning statements.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Licensed BREEAM Assessor & BREEMA AP.
- 3-4 years work experience in BREEAM consultancy.
- An MSc and/or BSc degree.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Good attention to detail and meticulous approach to assessment.
- Confident to represent the company at meetings.
- Understanding of Net Zero Carbon, NABERS and ESG objectives.
- A good understanding of the commercial drivers to sustainability.
- Knowledge of the UK planning process, environmental legislation
- Qualified as LEED, Fitwel, WELL, BREEAM In-Use, BREEAM AP (training will be provided)
- Experience carrying out LCA & LCC using One Click LCA
- Experience working with contractors and supply chains
- Experienced formulating sustainability strategies
- Knowledge of Circular Economy principles