EY has a well-established Climate Change and Sustainability practice to respond to our clients’ growing need of guidance in this area, including strategy, climate risks assessment and management, greenhouse gas emission verification and assurance over sustainability-related data.
Our Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCaSS) team is growing exponentially, and as a Senior Manager you’ll play a key role in that growth. Working directly with our other Canadian Climate Change & Sustainability Services Market leaders, you will take a leading role in developing our CCaSS practice in Canada. We are looking to expand our team of professionals focused on providing high value, independent, trusted business advice to our clients as they transition to a more sustainable economy.
Our clients include many of today’s leading global companies, innovative growth companies and other Publicly Accountable Enterprises. Working primarily in the Energy sector, you’ll continue to grow your career by bringing innovative and insightful solutions to our clients, while working at the forefront of sustainability’s most pressing developments. It’s all about listening to and understanding our clients to give them a truly exceptional experience in a field where there really are no off-the-shelf recommendations.
Your key responsibilities
As climate change and sustainability rise on the agendas of governments and organizations around the world, business leaders are increasingly seeking external advice on how to address these key issues. As one of our Climate Change and Sustainability Services leader, you’ll work as part of a multidisciplinary, global team that provides recommendations on how our clients can manage these areas effectively and responsibly. This will include helping clients understand business or regulatory threats and opportunities, supporting the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into their business models, supporting clients in transformation journeys by developing operating models, implementing technology, monitoring performance, and managing public disclosures of their ESG strategy progress. Through these services, you’ll help clients balance risks, take advantage of opportunities and achieve their potential in a transformed world.
Skills and attributes for success
ESG Technical Requirements
- Lead the delivery of our services as we assist clients in their efforts to identify, measure, and appropriately manage their business as they transition their organizations to respond to changing government regulations, reporting risks and new trends in sustainability management and reporting
- You will be expected to keep abreast of leading technical / sector advancements, through continuous learning in your field and then train your teams in these developments
- Lead a team of sustainability professionals to further develop our portfolio of CCaSS services with an emphasis on strategy advisory services
- Develop client relationships and support and lead business development activities
- Demonstrate account management leadership through the expansion of the firm’s footprint within existing accounts, and growth of new relationships on new accounts
- Develop client and internal collateral of the highest quality
- You will be expected to lead the delivery of client engagements and be responsible for effective delivery to scope, schedule and cost. Use your project management skills to deliver solutions and mitigate risk or quality issues
- You will be running several projects concurrently, to a high standard of quality to meet EY and client expectations
- You will take operational responsibility / accountability for engagement team support and delivery, by monitoring the overall performance metrics for the engagements
- You will develop and maintain strong working relationships with key business decision makers externally and communicate trends, developments, and key performance drivers relevant to our clients and our related services offerings
- You will be contributing to the development of engagement plans and proposals for client needs.
- You will working in collaboration with your local market leader in growing the CCaSS services market shares and enhancing our presence in key sectors and accounts
- You will be expected to actively coach, manage performance and support career development of your team members
- You will develop people by encouraging individuals to take responsibility of their contributions to the team
- You will delegate and monitor tasks, encourage personal growth, and provide on the job and impactful feedback
- You will lead by example and act as a positive and inspiring role model / mentor for you teams.
- You will conduct performance review and contribute to performance feedback/training
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 3-5 years of experience with ESG strategy definition and implementation, large-scale stakeholder consultations and definition and development of ESG reporting in a client-facing capacity
- At least 3-5 years of team leadership experience related to management consulting services for a public accounting firm or a consulting practice; consideration will also be given to candidates who have equivalent business/industry experience in a leadership capacity
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 8-10 years of related work experience; or a master’s degree and at least 7 years of related work experience
- A degree / Masters in sustainability, finance, economics, environmental science, engineering, accounting, IT and/or related academic major
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills in English
- At least 5 years of experience in the Energy sector
- A professional senior presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise with the C-Suite and sustainability officers at client organisations as well as with EY leadership
Additional you will also have
- Strong ability to develop relationships and build trust, both internally with your colleagues and externally with clients
- Ability to lead a team and problem solve in ambiguous situations
- Ability to solve business problems through the lens of ESG and sustainability solutions
- Ability to clearly demonstrate / quantify the business value of our solutions to our clients
- Ability to take a pragmatic approach to issues that underpin client relationships, while demonstrating and living EY’s values
- Strong project management and personnel management skills
- Ability to analyze complex or unusual issues in the context of client engagements and efficiently deliver insightful and fit for purpose solutions
- Extensive experience working and leading in a growing team-based environment
- This role involves interaction with internal and external clients and professionals nationally and globally. Professional competency in the English language is therefore a requirement of this role. Bilingualism in both French and English is considered an asset.”
What we look for
We’re interested in an inspiring leader looking to take their career to the next level and who:
- Understands the foundational elements required to develop a high performing culture; and
- Is a strong team player who supports their colleagues and EY in reaching their goals while successfully managing workload and professional development
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, as a global firm, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around the world
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you